PDA

View Full Version : Snail for an 8 gallon

Kitsune_Gem
01/24/2012, 12:51 PM
I need a small snail for my 8 gallon, its going threw its cycle and its getting the brown algae on the glass. I don't mind it to much, but it takes away from the viewing of the tank. Plus working almost full time and being a full time college student takes away the time I have to clean off the glass my self.

Also I need a smaller one to eat the algae on my rock, its got small little crevices.

Bluemon
01/24/2012, 04:32 PM
Try reefcleaners.org's quick crews. really nice.

Sugar Magnolia
01/24/2012, 09:40 PM
Banded trochus are fantastic snails. A little more expensive but worth every penny.

SushiGirl
01/24/2012, 09:46 PM
I would put in a few cerith snails and a couple of nassarius snails. Not sure I'd bother to order a clean up crew for an 8 gallon LOL. Not to knock reefcleaners, when the new 140 goes up that'll be the first place I go!

J2T
01/25/2012, 03:19 PM
Banded trochus are fantastic snails. A little more expensive but worth every penny.

+1 on the banded trochus. Great snails IMO

alanbates12
01/25/2012, 03:25 PM
Try reefcleaners.org's quick crews. really nice.

+1 I've had GRAT luck with these guys. Here is a link:
http://reefcleaners.org/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=209&category_id=20&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=34

Kitsune_Gem
01/25/2012, 04:11 PM
I dont need links to products, all I needed where breeds, I got myself two cerith snails and they are happy as can be so far, ones already all over the glass, the other ones chilling on the bottom. My LFS is wonderful when it comes to their salt water fish, great selection, prices, and always healthy animals. I was going to get more, but their shipment was delayed a day. Go figure

alanbates12
01/25/2012, 05:34 PM
I dont need links to products, all I needed where breeds, I got myself two cerith snails and they are happy as can be so far, ones already all over the glass, the other ones chilling on the bottom. My LFS is wonderful when it comes to their salt water fish, great selection, prices, and always healthy animals. I was going to get more, but their shipment was delayed a day. Go figure

Sorry failed to tell you if you look at the link it gives all the recommended breeds to help keep your tank clean and breaks it down by size. The link also has the number of snails you may need. Check it out, want take just a few seconds and it may give you a good idea. Good Luck