PDA

View Full Version : Q

Charley Diesing
01/24/2012, 11:33 PM
Picked up a carpenters fairy wrasse today. Was hanging out in the normal when I first put him in. Then after an hour or so hid like a girl in rock. Kinda crammed in where you can't see him. This normal?

Nitrites-0
Ammonia-0
Nitrates-less then 5(kinda hard to tell if its 0 or 5 API test kit)
Ph-8.1
Salinity-1023-1.025
Temp-78 F

Tank is a 40 Gallon breeder been cycled for about a week. All I got as far as live stock is him and a blue damsel. CUC arrives tomorrow.

Sadly QT isn't an option. Parents won't let me set up another tank, if anyone's wondering.

Thanks in advance for your time,

Charley

Stumped
01/25/2012, 12:46 AM
It's normal for them to hide if they're spooked or when they go to sleep, but other than that they should be swimming in the open water.

I would slow down with adding anything more to your tank after you put your CUC in tomorrow (especially anymore fish). 1 week is an incredibly short cycle, too short actually, to even consider adding fish. The most important thing to have in this hobby is patience and the second most important thing is to have even more patience.

Charley Diesing
01/25/2012, 12:50 AM
Alrighty.

Well the cycling actually took about 5 weeks. I said "the tank has been cycled for one week"

And yes after the CUC, I'm done with fish for another month at least. Might add some GSP, and Xenia in a week or two.

reeferstace
01/25/2012, 10:22 AM
Picked up a carpenters fairy wrasse today. Was hanging out in the normal when I first put him in. Then after an hour or so hid like a girl in rock. Kinda crammed in where you can't see him. This normal?

Charley

Maybe he did not want to hang out with a mysogynist.

Charley Diesing
01/25/2012, 11:07 AM
Maybe he did not want to hang out with a mysogynist.

lolol...

Well he's out and about this morning looks great. Thanks for the replies guys.