PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to keep 2 eels in 1 tank?

steri
01/27/2012, 11:33 AM
I have done some research on this and have not found any information that would lead me to believe that I could not do this, but I have never seen more than 1 eel in a tank, so I wanted to get some input?

I was thinking about adding a ribbon eel to my tank. I currently have a snowflake morray.

I have a 210 gallon tank.

Any thoughts or experience would be appreciated!

rubensito
01/27/2012, 01:45 PM
very much possible mixing different species eels (or 2 specimens) in the same tank...that being said, you need to be careful with which species can be most compatible. Personally, I wouldn't mix those two due to the delicate nature of ribbon eels. But I have mixed snowflakes with other Echidna morays (like banded and chainlink).

steri
01/27/2012, 02:17 PM
thanks for the info!

brycerb
01/27/2012, 04:48 PM
I have 4. Tessalata, whitemouth, zebra, and dalmation. I just fed them real well before adding the next guy. My kids fight more than my eels, not that difficult.

viggen
01/27/2012, 10:31 PM
lfs has several in the same tank, always think it's funny have 4-6 eel heads sticking out the same end of the PVC pipe

ninjazx777
01/27/2012, 11:48 PM
I have a zebra, chain link, and a snow flake together in one tank and a banded snake eel and a snow flake in another tank and I haven't had any issues and as soon as I get my 300 gal set up they will all go into it together

kvk
02/01/2012, 01:33 PM
I never kept a ribbon eel, but I had a Snowflake and Zebra together for several years. Never any aggression between the two, but I target fed both using large prawns and crab pieces. They were both so blind they would know over rock work if you didn't wave the shrimp right in front of their nose...