PDA

View Full Version : Clown getting stung by Anemone?

RickReef28
01/27/2012, 08:11 PM
Have 2 A.Occellaris Clowns. Have had em for a month. Just got a Flame bubble tip anemone and have had it for a week. The 2 clowns dont seem really interested at all but over the last few days or so i have noticed little black spots by thier fins? Are they actually getting stung by the anemone? They are fairly young clowns. do they need to develop a tolerance?

P.S Not Black Ich.

Any thoughts?

ange062
01/27/2012, 09:51 PM
My true perc got black spots which later filled into solid black as it matured, it's probably just a natural progression of color change. Post up some pics to help make sure though.

rssjsb
01/28/2012, 10:57 AM
BTAs are not the natural host for ocellaris, so they do have to go through an acclimation period.

My ocellaris are black, so I didn't see any signs of this when they were taking to the BTA in my tank. However, some saddleback clowns I've got in a different tank got discolored for awhile when they were younger and adjusting to their LTA. So it seems feasible that this is what you're seeing.

BairdimusPrime
01/28/2012, 11:00 AM
my clowns all darkened as they matured.... also they dont go near my nems... and this is two years later lol