PDA

View Full Version : Need code for ATO

jarrett shark
01/29/2012, 10:01 PM
I have a new float switch that they reccomended and for some reason I can"t get it to work. I read the manual and it still not working..this is what I wrote

If switch 1 is OPen then ON
If switch 1 is Closed then Off

I even switched the ground to make sure....

For some reason it comes on then stays on and goes off when it wants to...just testing with my radio for now but I need to make sure it's right...
Any thoughts since customer service is closed right now..lol

L8ndeb
01/29/2012, 11:28 PM
Try adding:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF

to the top of the command list.
Also, which outlet are you plugged into?

jarrett shark
01/30/2012, 07:02 AM
I plugged into # 5
does it matter?

SC Reefaholic
01/30/2012, 08:08 AM
Yes. The EB8 has issues with low draw equipment on the triac outlets. Outlet 4 and 8 are mechanical relay outlets. Try it on one of those. Dont think it will matter in this case because you are using a radio which should draw decent power but when you switch to your ATO pump it might.

Code should read:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If switch 1 is open then ON
If switch 1 is closed then OFF

Assuming your switch is not upside down.

What do you mean by "switched the ground"?

swearint
01/30/2012, 08:24 AM
Set OFF is redundant to the If ... OFF. And just for clarity, the proper syntax is below:

[ATO]
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Switch1 CLOSED Then ON

In this particular application, I recommend using CLOSED to turn ON. The Apex switches default to OPEN when disconnected and you don't want that to cause the ATO to run. You can test whether the fault lies in the float by removing it and placing a short section of wire between ground and terminal 1. This should read as CLOSED and turn the outlet to ON.

Todd

pweissma
01/30/2012, 03:33 PM
+1
It's safer to have the OPEN state of the switch correspond with the OFF state of the of the pump. OPEN translates to "no electrical connection". If you think of a light switch, the light is on when the circuit is closed and off when the circuit is open. If your pump is OFF when the switch is OPEN your pump will be OFF if the switch disconnects from the breakout box, or the breakout box disconnects from the Apex.

Set OFF is redundant to the If ... OFF. And just for clarity, the proper syntax is below:

[ATO]
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Switch1 CLOSED Then ON

In this particular application, I recommend using CLOSED to turn ON. The Apex switches default to OPEN when disconnected and you don't want that to cause the ATO to run. You can test whether the fault lies in the float by removing it and placing a short section of wire between ground and terminal 1. This should read as CLOSED and turn the outlet to ON.

Todd