PDA

View Full Version : will GFO help me rid my tank of bubble algae?

Snakebyt
01/30/2012, 09:20 PM
bubble algae is driving me crazy, will running some GFO in a reactor help me get rid of the bubble algae?

bid2ask
01/30/2012, 09:51 PM
try prying it of with tweezers and siphoning it out of the tank, running gfo should help with the phosphate levels that are helping feed the algae.

Ron Reefman
01/31/2012, 07:21 AM
bubble algae is driving me crazy, will running some GFO in a reactor help me get rid of the bubble algae?

Do you have a refugium? GFO will/should help. But a small amount of bubble algae doesn't need much phosphate & nitrate to survive. Have you tried removing it by hand? It seems when I did that, it didn't grow back very fast and the second or third time I pulled it, it didn't grow back at all. But then I have 2 good size red macro algaes growing in my nem tank and a refugium.
Good luck.

sslak
01/31/2012, 12:49 PM
Macro algae will help, siphoning will help. In hard to reach areas, an emerald crab is hard to beat =)

A combination of the 3 should take care of it.

seapug
01/31/2012, 01:19 PM
If you manually remove as much as possible, GFO can help control it, but once you have bubble algae, it's not likely you'll ever completely rid the tank of it.

Leafer
01/31/2012, 02:45 PM
What color is it and could your lights be due for new bulbs? I had some of the red variety and after new bulbs and plucking what I could out, it disappeared and never returned.