PDA

View Full Version : Have a question, and/or need advice

xdannyxrocksx
01/31/2012, 12:36 AM
I have a 40 breeder mixed reef. Have a 20 gallon fuge with chaetomorpha, running a super skimmer. Water parameters at the moments are ph 8.3, amonia 0, nitrates/nitrites 0, po4 0, and salinity 1.025. I recently moved the tank across the room, so I had an amonia spike and nitrate spike. Everything did fine after the move and is still is doing great. I have Acros, monti, favia, frogspawn, shrooms, acans, and zoas. Well everything is doing fine but my zoas. I can not seem to find the problem. I have iodine dipped a couple of colonies to see if that helped but they do not look any different from the ones I have not dipped. They are closed, have not noticed any of them dying of yet and i hope i dont. If it matters I dont have any fish that woudl bother them the following are my tank inhabitants, pair of clowns, green chromis, three pepermit shrimp, Michaels pistol shrimp, halloween hermits, regual reef hermits, and various snails. I have been checking them out at night to see if i see any nudis, or zoa eating spiders but I see nothing. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Daniel

A. Grandis
01/31/2012, 01:05 AM
If there were no major changes besides the moving, just wait a bit more. Let the tank get better. They can take days closed but will open eventually.
I wouldn't be worried if they don't look damaged or have spots or a brown or white film on them.
Be patient for now...

Grandis.

xdannyxrocksx
01/31/2012, 01:08 AM
My main concern was that they were opened for a whole week and have now closed. I was unsure if they just reacted late to the change in environment.

A. Grandis
01/31/2012, 01:51 AM
Probably.

Grandis.

MikeandNicole
01/31/2012, 09:58 AM
Did you have a sand bed and did you move that sand bed over?

KafudaFish
01/31/2012, 11:54 AM
It is stressful to see a coral closed because we automatically think that something is wrong but they will close up for a period of time and then start opening back up.

If you aren't seeing any signs of lost tissue I would just leave them alone and keep an eye on them.

Let us know how long it takes and good luck.

dorkymk3
01/31/2012, 12:00 PM
^ i agree, just keep an eye on them. If you see brown algae building on top of them, try blowing it off with a turkey baster.