PDA

View Full Version : clown/nem question...

SteveCon89
01/31/2012, 11:18 AM
I bought my pair of black oc's a bta last week, beautiful from WWC in Orlando(Don't know where they got it...), but anyways, I wasn't sure my clowns would go near it in the first place. After just the first day or two the female has been in there all the time, she loves it, especially at night but the male doesn't want anything to do with it...I would imagine he'd eventually get the idea since she's in there all the time, but it's been a little over a week and still no action from him. I obv want them to spawn eventually...so is there any way I can kinda get him to go in there?

Thank you guys, first nem...not sure exactly how everything works with these guys.

GSMguy
01/31/2012, 11:22 AM
Just give it time eventually she will allow him in the anemone.

SteveCon89
01/31/2012, 11:33 AM
So you think it's her not letting him in? I haven't noticed any aggression, but I guess that kinda makes sense, she had it first and she DOES run sh*t

SteveCon89
01/31/2012, 12:10 PM
Here's a quick shot with my iphone..doesn't do him justice...the green is awesome...of course, in the store it was perfect under their awesome lighting...i plan to upgrade soon from my 150hqi/2x65w pc to a single 400w 15,000k

SteveCon89
01/31/2012, 12:16 PM
by the way, he's kinda got the "toadstool" look goin on, but i think it's because he's kinda footed under a rock ledge, and the only way for him to get the light is to stretch out there, idk why he hasn't adjusted himself yet...(i placed him in direct light and he scooted back there after a day or two)

fpv930
02/07/2012, 08:46 PM
It would seem if the pair are bonded they will stay bonded. The male will get the hint at some point. If the female is not allowing him in then she should eventually.
Good luck.