PDA

View Full Version : Odd behavior from one of my clowns

bamf25
01/31/2012, 10:00 PM
I have a pait of tank bread ocilaris clowns in my 120g dt. They were purchased at the same time about 7 months ago as about 3/4 inches long. One is obviously the female and is twice the size of the other approaching 2 1/2 inches now. She has always been fat and healthy, and the first to come forward for food. Today she seems a little slower and did not eat with the same vigor. If anything, she looked a little chubbier today (but she is a pig and has always been a plumpish fish), but otherwise 100% healthy looking. Does this mean anything? Could she be about to spawn?

stevetcg
02/01/2012, 05:49 AM
My female gets a pot belly the day before they spawn. The morning of the spawn, you can visibly see the ovapositor extended. They spawn around 6 pm.

Whip316
02/01/2012, 09:33 AM
they do get sluggish the day or a day before they are about to lay. after she lays she will be back to her normal self.

fpv930
02/07/2012, 08:41 PM
You should try to watch the clowns from a distance. If she is going to spawn then they should have been selecting a spot by constantly cleaning an area over and over. The male usually "jerks" in front of the female and both act crazy. Also, the female should have been getting aggressive.