02/01/2012, 11:21 AM
I've had my Aquatronica setup for about 6 years now, parts include:

controller
2 powerbars
temp probe
float level probe
pH probe
dosing pump

I added the second powerbar 2 years ago when I upgraded from a 90gal to a 180gal and started using the float level probe around then as well (I got it with the original package in 2006).

So two problems I've had. One, I have two of my 250MH plugged into one of the power bars (the right side one) and another 250WMH plugged into the other (the left side one). I have the middle light on the tank coming on at about 10am on the right side and at noon, the two other lights come on (from both the left and right powerbars). However when this happens, the power goes completely out on the right powerbar (nothing to do with the GFI, its like the controller just disrupts power or stops "talking" to it). The light on the left powerbar turns on as usual. Then about 15-20 seconds later, the right powerbar clicks on and everything starts up. Its not the end of the world, but its pretty annoying and I would gather its a likely source of stress for the fish (who may or may not have gotten used to it now). The return pump is on the "malfunctioning" power bar and it is the biggest concern for noise in the tank.

The second problem which I currently find to be a huge pain in the arse is that when I hook the controller up to the computer (ie, use the aquatronica program to link the controller) the ATO plug switches to the "on" position and fills the sump for the entire time I have it connected to the computer. The only way to stop this is to either turn the switch off before connecting, or unplugging the pump completely (which is what I usually do, and then what happens? I forget to plug it back in!). Not sure why it picks this particular plug to turn on. I haven't checked as to whether its the plug it selects or whichever plug is labelled as ATO (I should try moving the ATO do a different plug and setting it up that way just to see).

Anyway, is this just something I need to live with or does anyone have any suggestions for a fix? Not sure when I upgraded the firmware last (I am usually scared to do that as it fried a controller once).

Thanks! :)

AQT
02/02/2012, 04:52 AM
Hi christy!
well, concerning the first point:
this is a problem we had with the old model of the Power Unit. Everything has been updated and improved with a new model. To solve this issue, you could program the light to turn on first one and after about one minute the second one. Don't turn on at the same time the two lights.

Concerning the second point:
that's very starnge!! we never had this type of problem.
I need to have further information:
-configuration of the system
-the version of the controller's firmware
-version of your PC's software

Thanks
Davide

christyf5
02/03/2012, 10:25 PM
Hi christy!
well, concerning the first point:
this is a problem we had with the old model of the Power Unit. Everything has been updated and improved with a new model. To solve this issue, you could program the light to turn on first one and after about one minute the second one. Don't turn on at the same time the two lights.

Concerning the second point:
that's very starnge!! we never had this type of problem.
I need to have further information:
-configuration of the system
-the version of the controller's firmware
-version of your PC's software

Thanks
Davide

Thanks Davide, I'll change up the timing on the lights and see how it goes :)

As for the other:
not sure what you mean by configuration of the system?
the firmware is SW Version 6.1
my PC is windows XP (its an older laptop)

AQT
02/06/2012, 08:11 AM
to give me the configuration of the system you have to click on File > software configuration from PC. Save this page where you want and send me this page; it would be great in order to understand what the problem is.

Btw christy, i see you have a very old version of the software; I suggest you to download the last one 8.7.1 on our web page > download area (www.aquatronica.com). Maybe with this updating you will solve the problem.

Thanks
Davide

RobbyG
02/06/2012, 05:34 PM
I've had my Aquatronica setup for about 6 years now, parts include:

controller
2 powerbars
temp probe
float level probe
pH probe
dosing pump

I added the second powerbar 2 years ago when I upgraded from a 90gal to a 180gal and started using the float level probe around then as well (I got it with the original package in 2006).

So two problems I've had. One, I have two of my 250MH plugged into one of the power bars (the right side one) and another 250WMH plugged into the other (the left side one). I have the middle light on the tank coming on at about 10am on the right side and at noon, the two other lights come on (from both the left and right powerbars). However when this happens, the power goes completely out on the right powerbar (nothing to do with the GFI, its like the controller just disrupts power or stops "talking" to it). The light on the left powerbar turns on as usual. Then about 15-20 seconds later, the right powerbar clicks on and everything starts up. Its not the end of the world, but its pretty annoying and I would gather its a likely source of stress for the fish (who may or may not have gotten used to it now). The return pump is on the "malfunctioning" power bar and it is the biggest concern for noise in the tank.

I agree with AQT on this one, just put a 1 minute delay on the second bar so the load gets time to stabalize.

The second problem which I currently find to be a huge pain in the arse is that when I hook the controller up to the computer (ie, use the aquatronica program to link the controller) the ATO plug switches to the "on" position and fills the sump for the entire time I have it connected to the computer. The only way to stop this is to either turn the switch off before connecting, or unplugging the pump completely (which is what I usually do, and then what happens? I forget to plug it back in!). Not sure why it picks this particular plug to turn on. I haven't checked as to whether its the plug it selects or whichever plug is labelled as ATO (I should try moving the ATO do a different plug and setting it up that way just to see).

Anyway, is this just something I need to live with or does anyone have any suggestions for a fix? Not sure when I upgraded the firmware last (I am usually scared to do that as it fried a controller once).

Thanks! :)

The newer firmware got rid of that problem, I think only the firmware from 2 plus years ago gave that problem.

christyf5
02/06/2012, 11:36 PM
I have updated the software and everything. The controller still activates the ATO pump during its connection to the PC (while it says "data loading in process") but then turns off after it is connected.

Davide, I'm sorry but I can't seem to find the File > software configuration. My file dropdown menu has:

open
save
save as
internet update
export data
update system
controller update
program language
exit

is this information in the aquatronica software?

AQT
02/07/2012, 02:13 AM
Hi! you have to click on "save as" from the dropdown menu. Please, send me the page you will have.
Thanks
Davide

christyf5
02/07/2012, 11:32 AM
I don't have your email. Are you sales or service at aquatronica.com ?

Sent it to both, hope it gets to you :)

AQT
02/08/2012, 01:59 AM
yes christy, it's not my direct contact the e-mail address of sales or service but I got it! I'll come back to you soon directly by e-mail. Thanks
Davide