PDA

View Full Version : one month old

sumpfinfishe
02/01/2012, 12:32 PM
Well after 12 years of reefing and then a 5 year hiatus i have found myself back
in the hobby-it's not a large reef but it's my slice of the ocean.
I setup a 33gl sumpless long
aqueon quietflow 50
425/750 koralia's
hydor wavemaker
aquaticlife skimmer
2x2 coralife t5 fixtures
60lbs liverock

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w476/sumpfinfishe/IMG_1390_1_1.jpg

RubberFrog
02/01/2012, 12:42 PM
All that life at one month old? You better be planning on twice a week water changes for a while. But it looks real nice!

Floowid
02/01/2012, 12:47 PM
I really like this tank size. Lookin really good. I have been thinking about a shallow macro algae tank, this would be the perfect size. What do you think of your skimmer?

sumpfinfishe
02/01/2012, 01:01 PM
Water changes are being done every two weeks and all parameters are normal, the tank had a cycle after two weeks due to a 10gl transfer.

The low long tank is very panoramic, not much light required at 10" in water depth. Also being very shallow means it's very easy to work in any part of the tank. The skimmer is fantastic, for $60 i would highly recommend this unit to anyone with say 40gl or less, got it dialed in after a week and it's collecting thick green sludge. Only downside is that some bubbles enter back into the tank via the return but this is minor and the bubbles have reduced since break-in. It's one of those rare purchases were you get a whole lot more than what you pay for!:celeb1: