PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone come up with a way to keep wrasse from carpet surfing in a rimless tank?

furball504
02/01/2012, 05:54 PM
I want to add some wrasse to my 90 rimless system but being that they are jumpers I'd like to know if anyone come up with any ideas to prevent this beside window screen and canopy? Is there a fishing line net small enough that cant be easily spotted at first glance. Or did someone come up wit a clever idea to stop suicide attempts?

Steve175
02/02/2012, 12:04 AM
I cut egg crate and lined with bird netting that I use for 7 days after adding each potential jumpers. IME highest risk is in 1st few days until they learn the lay of the land and/or dig a nice burrow. Full disclosure, however, my retriever just ate my blue throat trigger at the 3 month mark.

Ralph ATL
02/02/2012, 01:01 AM
years ago.....

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/clear-1-4-screen-netting-7-x-3.html

00Warpig00
02/02/2012, 09:10 PM
I cut egg crate and lined with bird netting that I use for 7 days after adding each potential jumpers. IME highest risk is in 1st few days until they learn the lay of the land and/or dig a nice burrow. Full disclosure, however, my retriever just ate my blue throat trigger at the 3 month mark.

I've also had a jumper after several months in the tank. I know I don't trust that method although I do agree highest chances are when the fish is new to the tank.

Nick

sporto0
02/02/2012, 09:18 PM
No secret, those are the perils of owning a rimless tank, anything you put on top will look tacky.