PDA

View Full Version : Neptune Apex Question

Joel_155
02/01/2012, 09:01 PM
So I'm about ready to make a big tank purchase and I want to make sure I have everything right before shelling out a lot of cash. So I plan on getting 3 AI Sol Blue units, a neptune apex and a vortech MP40. I know that you have to get the VDM unit along with the apex to run the AI units but my question is does one VDM unit run more than one AI light? I think it does but reading the info on the VDM it said it only had 1 AI port. I'm just not familiar with how multiple lights hook up to one controller. Can anyone confirm that I only need one VDM?

Mark Bianco
02/01/2012, 09:17 PM
Good and bad news the Apex uses a WXM module to control the MP 40 ews wireless pumps and the VDM module is needed to control the AI lights as many as 10 I belive. When you get your AI's they have a jumper cable with each unit and you just daisy chain them together. Now if you wanted to get a tunes pump instead of the vortex pump then you just need the VDM module it will control both. Another note the full Apex has the ports for controlling Tunze pumps built in.

Hope that helps
Mark