PDA

View Full Version : New Apex internet access configuration, help please

reefknight
02/03/2012, 11:44 AM
Just purchased a new Apex as my ACIII went south on me. It arrived last night and I've been pouring through the "unofficial guide" trying to get it set up.

I've managed to get it so that I can connect via a wired connection, Safari, Apex app for iPhone and email status is coming through. I've registered for a DYNDNS host and have hit a wall. Not sure really on where to go after that.

I'm using a Netgear WGT 624 V3 router, in which I can log into. I can log into the Apex as well. Just not really sure on all of the addresses and which ones should go where. Sorry, I'm just a little IT challenged. Unfortunately the guide isn't mking a lot of sense to me on this subject.

I have not attempted to configure the wireless adapter yet, as per the guides instructions to wait until the wired is complete. I will be using a Linksys Game adapter to connect wirelessly in the future. Model WGA54G v 2.1

I'm rushed for time as I have to work this weekend and will be gone all next week on business, hence why I rushed a purchase on the Apex. Really need the controls up and running before I leave. Any assistance would be great!

Thanks!!!!

reefknight
02/03/2012, 11:49 AM
Safari access is only if I'm on my home network. Using 3g it will not allow me to connect. Also a strange occurence, if I attempt to run ipconfig /all, it flashes the DOS screen and then closes. Don't understand that either.

aquamanic
02/03/2012, 03:01 PM
Really need the controls up and running before I leave.

Very bad idea - take it from the voice of experience...don't rely on the controller unattended until you know all your programs are working correctly. It's a really good way to crash your tank.

Can you post the relevant configuration pages from your router setup? Every router calls the port forwarding something different but if you post some screen shots, it should be easy to decipher.

reefknight
02/04/2012, 09:44 AM
Very bad idea - take it from the voice of experience...don't rely on the controller unattended until you know all your programs are working correctly. It's a really good way to crash your tank.

Can you post the relevant configuration pages from your router setup? Every router calls the port forwarding something different but if you post some screen shots, it should be easy to decipher.

I totally agree with you! The wife will be here for the first couple of days while I'm away. So it'll will have a babysitter for at least a couple of days. Then we leave for her to have surgery and will be gone three days. Hoping that I can work out any bugs before then.

I did however get it configured last night at about 2:30am! :dance: Now I just have to get the it programmed. Pretty simple operation needed at first, light control, heater control, Tunze control, return pump and skimmer. I can worry about fine tuning and getting nuts with it later. After little sleep and dealing with this for three days I'm looking rather :wildone:

Alan, thank you for putting together the most comprehensive user guide ever for a Neptune product!