PDA

View Full Version : Sump is way too noisy!!

Saltydrip
02/03/2012, 09:32 PM
Just fired up my sump for the first time. OH MY GOD!! It's way too loud!!

I'm running an eshopps 800 overflow and a mag 5. I think I can quiet down the mag with some old school tricks. I'm not sure what to do about the overflow. This is my first overflow. All my FW systems used drilled tanks but I sold all that and like a fool I didn't drill this tank. Is there anything I can do to quiet down this overflow?? It's in my bedroom and just really slurpy and gargly! I could have it set up wrong for all I know. Where wasn't crap for instructions. Just a drawing telling you what all the parts are.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have macro in my sump with still water tonight untill I figure this thing out.

sleepydoc
02/03/2012, 10:13 PM
stinks when you're this far into it, but you may be best off draining the tank and drilling it. No personal experience with HOB overflows, but most comments I've read indicate they aren't the best and are somewhat trouble prone.

If you drill the tank, then you can have a nice Herbie or bean animal overflow.

Nizz
02/03/2012, 10:21 PM
For your hang on the back. You would need to dial the flow down to where the siphon tubes don't lose siphon or if you have space. You could make a silencer.

uncleof6
02/03/2012, 10:31 PM
Two identical threads..... check the other one.

bjensen1253
02/04/2012, 02:00 AM
i cut a piece of sponge put and placed it on top, mines in the living room and it almost completely silenced it