PDA

View Full Version : HELP on led lighting for 45g cube

REEFER1981
02/06/2012, 04:38 PM
I just got a new tank really want leds on this tank it measures 24 by 24 by 18. I have done a lot of research narrowed it down to AI SOL blue module the RADION and the new ecoxotic panarama pro. I was looking for fellow reefers opions on what to buy not worried about price dobt want to be to cheap. Hoping to keep sps/lps and a clam or two.

Thanks for any opions

RtReef
02/06/2012, 04:43 PM
You only need one AI SOL to go over your tank. Many don't like LED's or shall I say AI in particular but that's because they fail to recognize the shear power of this single LED module and end up scorching the sh!t out of their corals. I've had mine for 2 onths and the growth has exploded and coraline and also spreading like wildfires.

Also I wouldn't use the panorama pro as main lighting source for LEDs

FWIW..I recently bought a single polyp zoa frag just about 2 weeks ago. Last Wednesday I already noticed a 2nd and 3rd polyp sprouting from that single polyp, I'm using an AI SOl.

footboard
02/06/2012, 04:49 PM
Or you could sit back for just a bit longer and see what develops with the AI Vega. I know they are taking pre-orders on the things but I would have a hard time jumping in that line without knowing the exact make-up of the fixture.

SFgore99
02/06/2012, 04:54 PM
A single sol should be enough For a tank of that size. I am using one sol on my 29 biocube at roughly 8 inches off the top And the spread is fine. http://img.tapatalk.com/d03623bf-5a2d-0e5d.jpg

Mark Bianco
02/06/2012, 05:03 PM
I run AI's as well I never had a Raidium, but I have seen one of each hanging over each half of a 48" long tank and I liked the AI's but either will do for your tank.

REEFER1981
02/06/2012, 05:40 PM
i would like to use the leg mounts instead of hanging the AI will the light spread be enough for my tank