PDA

View Full Version : Cant rate them low enough

foxhuntr
02/07/2012, 12:41 PM
How much i hate FedEx shipping......i am expecting a shipment of corals today and i paid extra for delivery by 10:30am...it is now 1:30pm and they are still not here....this happens every time with FedEx....what is the cents in paying extra for 10:30am delivery when they are never on time....really dont know how these idiots are still in business......wonder why i ship with nobody but UPS......FedEx is always either getting lost or loosing my shipment...i even have a buddy that drives for FedEx and he's always telling me how he gets lost or hitting something with the truck or getting stuck somewhere......i used to drive truck over the road and i used to drive the whole way accross the country with less problems than they have driving accross the state......i think they should screen their drivers a little better before they hire them....sorry for venting but this really pi***es me off....WAY TO GO FEDEX....YOU ARE SO RELIABLE....THANKS FOR THE EXCELLENT SERVICE....YOU SHOULD BE SO PROUD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeremy Blaze
02/07/2012, 12:51 PM
Pick up at terminal is a much better bet for livestock.

Watch the complaining, UPS won't ship livestock adn Fed Ex may soon stop as well.

sven.fischer.de
02/07/2012, 01:50 PM
I don't know US, but in Germany is just a small logistic company that has live animal services with even permission. They charge for 2 kg just about 15 € (like DHL express) from dealers. All the major company exclude live animal shipment in their business terms.

Maybe in US is another company offering live animal transport?

sven.fischer.de
I don't know US, but in Germany is just a small logistic company that has live animal services with even permission. They charge for 2 kg just about 15 € (like DHL express) from dealers. All the major company exclude live animal shipment in their business terms.

Maybe in US is another copany offering live animal transport?

foxhuntr
watch the complaining ????? so we are just to sit back and let them charge extra for early delivery and drop it off when ever they want ???? when we pay extra for early delivery is like a contract....they need to stick to it.....i called and gave them a piece of my mind and they are gonna reiburse for delivery failure

Jeremy Blaze
02/07/2012, 01:52 PM
watch the complaining ????? so we are just to sit back and let them charge extra for early delivery and drop it off when ever they want ???? when we pay extra for early delivery is like a contract....they need to stick to it.....i called and gave them a piece of my mind and they are gonna reiburse for delivery failure

I'm just saying.

Again, opt for pick up at the terminal. Thats a much better choice than allowing the livestock to sit on their trucks which aren't intended to carry livestock.

foxhuntr
02/07/2012, 02:06 PM
well when you have no way to the terminal and it is to far away then that dont leave much choice

Jeremy Blaze
02/07/2012, 02:08 PM
well when you have no way to the terminal and it is to far away then that dont leave much choice

Then thats the risk you take allowing a Parcel Service to ship livestock.

Yet another reason why I encourage people to buy locally.

jeff@zina.com
02/07/2012, 03:23 PM
Good for you. Though complaining here didn't get you that reimbursement did it?

No shipping company is perfect. In your case, you are receiving a product so you get what the seller offers. I personally won't ship anything but FedEx anymore, but your seller may have additional options. Ask them.

Jeff

jbannick18
02/07/2012, 06:28 PM
Its funny I hate all other shippers except fedex

hvacman250
02/07/2012, 07:36 PM
Knock on wood, but Ive NEVER had a problem with FedEx or UPS. Ive had 5 livestock deliveries in the past 2 months and all have been perfect. USPS is a whole 'nother story.

The FedEX and UPS hubs see hundreds of thousands of packages a day. Crap is gonna happen with that much volume. Planes break down, planes are grounded, trucks break down, automated sorters/scanners mess up. 99% of the time they get it right.

Chaucer
02/08/2012, 04:48 AM
Living in Indiana it is a known fact in manufacturing/industrial that you don't use FedEx
for next day anything. They are simply too unreliable. Can't vouch for all of US, but the network here is terrible.

fjpod
02/08/2012, 05:01 AM
I guess it depends where you live. I use FedEx all the time and they are virtually always on time. UPS is good too.

Jeremy Blaze
02/08/2012, 06:33 AM
Living in Indiana it is a known fact in manufacturing/industrial that you don't use FedEx
for next day anything. They are simply too unreliable. Can't vouch for all of US, but the network here is terrible.

Guess it depends on what part of the state.

Indianapolis is home to one of FEDex's biggest hubs. I am at the bottom of the state, out in the boonies heck I'm an hour from a Walmart so that tells you how far out I am, and fed ex gets to me fast., very early in the morning.

Chaucer
02/08/2012, 11:31 AM
I think that is correct, location and driver makes all the difference. Many drivers are great and know their routes and areas. I live in the "boonies" also. Brown County if you know where that is, and my last package sent by FedEx, was delivered to the post office for delivery by them, couldn't find my address? Other times they have found me. UPS driver knows me and all my neighbors by name. But by a huge margin in this area UPS is the choice for shipping, expecially overnight. Other areas I'm sure are different.

Jeremy Blaze
02/08/2012, 11:44 AM
I think that is correct, location and driver makes all the difference. Many drivers are great and know their routes and areas. I live in the "boonies" also. Brown County if you know where that is, and my last package sent by FedEx, was delivered to the post office for delivery by them, couldn't find my address? Other times they have found me. UPS driver knows me and all my neighbors by name. But by a huge margin in this area UPS is the choice for shipping, expecially overnight. Other areas I'm sure are different.

Brown County, of course, the Little Smokies!

fitch4
02/11/2012, 06:51 AM
I had Fed-Ex "misdirect" an order from LiveAquaria, Diver's Den of course, and end up in Chicago for a night. My nice new Zoas got the chance to go to a Cubs game and have a pizza before they came to me. When I called Fed-Ex, they told me that they did not guarantee the overnight delivery and did not ship live stock. I argued for a minute, realized I was out of luck and had to call LA. The only good news was that it was zoas and that was LA, they had me keep the colonies for a few weeks and then give them an assessment of how they did. They credited me the cost of 1/2 of one of the colonies, which I did lose 1/2 of.

mgraf
02/12/2012, 07:43 AM
It's like the cable company......"We will be there between 9am and 4pm". You just never know when they are gonna come. I have only ordered livestock twice, both times FedEx has delivered. Both times, everything was alive and well. Even though FedEx was late on delivery. Best to just wait for warmer weather to order delicate livestock.

BCreefmaker
02/13/2012, 02:43 AM
After reading this thread I just starting wondering if there was any livestock on board the fedex flight Tom Hanks made famous in Cast Away.

WIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLSON! WHERE ARE MY FRAGS!

Jdbrine
02/13/2012, 06:39 AM
After reading this thread I just starting wondering if there was any livestock on board the fedex flight Tom Hanks made famous in Cast Away.

WIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLSON! WHERE ARE MY FRAGS!

Good question!!! Lol..... hopefully they mad it back in the ocean.....

sbabs
02/13/2012, 07:15 AM
Its funny I hate all other shippers except fedex

Same here fedex is the only reliable one for me.

Drichards36
02/22/2012, 03:08 PM
I've had mixed reviews with every shipping companies I've used. Sorry to hear.

windyridge
02/22/2012, 03:16 PM
FedEx is often late with my stuff too, by days not hours, fortunately it's never livestock but when I pay extra I expect the date to be met.

NirvanaFan
02/23/2012, 03:13 PM
Some locations aren't guaranteed by 10:30am, even if you pay for it. You may be guaranteed at your place, but I just wanted to put that out there. Like was said before, picking up from FedEx is generally the best for sensitive shipments.

jeffberg
02/24/2012, 07:10 AM
If you pay for priority and it doesn't get there on time; file a claim; you'll get your money back. Doesn't matter what your shipping; your paying for a service that you didn't receive. It might be painful but you should get your money back; I always have. I have shipped all over and it is a crap shoot regardless of who you use. I watch the weather in Memphis and where package is going; in my mind I am responsible to the buyer so I try to minimize potential problems; if shipment doesn't make it buyer just wants replacement or his money. I also ship and receive with no signature required; you have a better chance with package at the front door than you do going back with the driver because nobody was home.

khowst
02/24/2012, 02:55 PM
FEDEX is the reliable one where I am at as well, although I did learn the 1030 delivery is an extra worthless charge where I am. All the packages come in to the local facility around 1000-1100. So paying for the extra charge only gets it put on the SAME delivery truck & delivered first. I can ship regular overnight FEDEX and get it held at the shop which is only about 2 blocks away from my work and I can get it personally by 1030 for the lesser shipping. Granted by the time I get lunch, pick up the package and get to the house its about the same time the truck is on my street. It however makes me a little more confident and happier knowing I picked it up rather than run the additional risk of the delivery guy playing bowling or lord knows what with my livestock. Don't know what I mean by that? YOUTUBE!

lucky_snapper
02/24/2012, 11:01 PM
Pick up at terminal is a much better bet for livestock.

Watch the complaining, UPS won't ship livestock adn Fed Ex may soon stop as well.

UPS will ship livestock if you dont show up at the ups store with a fish in a plastic bag and ask them to help you... (that's what happened to the last dufus that tried to ship me fish) Point is if you pack them up well show up at the store and don't tell them .. it will ship.