PDA

View Full Version : Clowns in a Propogation Setup?

SkullV
02/07/2012, 06:55 PM
I am setting up an extra tank to give my clones a place to heal where I can keep track of them (worried about clones walking away and disappearing in the DT). I would love another pair of clowns in the propagation tank but I'm worried about them irritating the clones while they are still recovering from splitting/cutting.

Anyone have any views on this?

SkullV
02/08/2012, 12:16 PM
Bump!

Toddrtrex
02/08/2012, 12:29 PM
I wouldn't -- would defeat the part of the purpose of giving them a place to heal.

BonsaiNut
02/08/2012, 01:28 PM
I wouldn't -- would defeat the part of the purpose of giving them a place to heal.

+1

I would keep a bare bottom tank with maybe a few small terracotta pots to place the clones in while they heal up. Nothing else.

SkullV
02/08/2012, 01:55 PM
Sounds good, thanks! Also what do you think about a rubble bottom tank (larger chunks)? Would give them somewhere to attach and will make it easier to remove them. Kind of worried about detritus, but shouldn't be terrible to vacuum.

BonsaiNut
02/08/2012, 05:50 PM
Sounds good, thanks! Also what do you think about a rubble bottom tank (larger chunks)? Would give them somewhere to attach and will make it easier to remove them. Kind of worried about detritus, but shouldn't be terrible to vacuum.

BTA's are rock anemones, so they won't be happy with the rubble - on it or in it. They look for something solid where they can feel protected. Rock work would be their preference, but they will accept anything if it has cracks and crevasses. Of course, the difficulty of getting them OUT of the cracks and crevasses is why I suggest terracotta pots :)

SkullV
02/08/2012, 06:12 PM
I meant large softball sized ruble with cracks. Large enough for the anemone to attach it's entire foot. Do you by chance have any photos of the terra cotta pot idea for an anemone tank?

Tethered_Limbs
02/09/2012, 03:13 PM
yea id like to see the pots in action