PDA

View Full Version : cant access through home computer.

karsseboom
02/08/2012, 07:21 PM
I have my apex all hooked up, well kinda. Anyway last nite I could access my account through my home computer and now today it wont let me? I'm using a gaming adaptor for my connection. I'm also having trouble with connecting my apex to my iphone. I went on the dyndns and started a free trial and enter my router ip adress and they gave me a host name, I typed that host name into the iphone app but it wont connect? Is there something I did wrong.

Xcali1985
02/08/2012, 08:16 PM
I have my apex all hooked up, well kinda. Anyway last nite I could access my account through my home computer and now today it wont let me? I'm using a gaming adaptor for my connection. I'm also having trouble with connecting my apex to my iphone. I went on the dyndns and started a free trial and enter my router ip adress and they gave me a host name, I typed that host name into the iphone app but it wont connect? Is there something I did wrong.

Have you entered the settings into your router. Most routers no a days have a setting that will auto update your dyndns address for you.

You cannot use the dyndns address when you are on the same network as the Apex. You need to use the local address one. ex. 192.168.1.2.

I take it since you used it before that your ports are forwarded correctly. So I will say this. On your Display Unit go to System > Net Setup > Restart and reboot the Apex. Also take this time to reboot your gaming adapter. See if you can connect.

karsseboom
02/08/2012, 09:04 PM
OK so back online now. Still having trouble accessing my router configuration page to even set it up. How do I set the port for the dyndns? So all three ports have to match like the router, apex and dyndns?

karsseboom
02/10/2012, 03:20 PM
Ok, Im trying to connect the apex to my iphone through the apex app. I have set up a dyndns account and tried to port forward my router. When I type in the ip address of my apex into the iphone app it says connection failed.

here is my router page
http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu86/karsseboom/router.jpg

L8ndeb
02/10/2012, 03:31 PM
First, you use the IP of your computer, not the apex, if you are port forwarding. Try adding "/apex:80" without the quotes to your IP address in the Iphone app.

If you don't know your IP address, go here from your computer: http://whatismyipaddress.com/

karsseboom
02/10/2012, 04:44 PM
Ok I'm in thanks for your help.