PDA

View Full Version : Multiple clowns?

TimothyJ
02/08/2012, 09:45 PM
Is it possible to add a designer clown fish to a 250 gallon tank that has a pair of perculas already in it?

slakker187
02/08/2012, 10:06 PM
i would say yes. isince they are more than likely ocellaris, i dont see a problem in that size of a tank. if they were tomato clowns i would say no.

ReLPSef
02/08/2012, 10:28 PM
No prob. Just add a distraction such as food at the same time and you should have minimal problems. I've done it a couple of times. Currently my two false percs sleep with my large maroon every night and ignore each other all day. Note: I added the maroon last.

Toddrtrex
02/08/2012, 10:36 PM
I personally wouldn't do it -- would suck to try to get them out if/when things went South.

While things might work in the short term, all things change when a pair of clowns starts to spawn. An otherwise peaceful pair of clowns can turn into holy terrors when they start to spawn.

davocean
02/08/2012, 11:09 PM
I personally wouldn't do it -- would suck to try to get them out if/when things went South.

While things might work in the short term, all things change when a pair of clowns starts to spawn. An otherwise peaceful pair of clowns can turn into holy terrors when they start to spawn.

Agree, many are fooled by short term success, and the poster that added a maroon to his pair may very well regret that in time.
That size tank "might" get lucky in having a second pair, maybe, and more than just adding a 3rd IMO, but a very good chance it will be the death of anything more than one pair.