PDA

View Full Version : Rose Bubble Tip Anemone color morphs?

z's_N_p's
02/09/2012, 02:33 PM
how many color morphs of RBTA are there? and what is considered the "true" RBTA by most?

SkullV
02/09/2012, 03:15 PM
I would be willing to guess there is a pretty infinite number of color morphs. I consider this a plain RBTA (old one of mine):

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb102/rockyrubicon/Fish%20Tank/75g%20Reef%20Tank/Anemones/100_1333.jpg

Tmoriarty
02/09/2012, 03:16 PM
There is def a ton, a couple threads down I have a thread showing RBTA identification, It shows two diffrent color variations including a rainbow and a normal Rose. Ill link the pic here to.

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i410/tmoriarty77/Snapbucket/678AAAEA-orig.jpg

z's_N_p's
02/09/2012, 03:24 PM
Tyler: thank you. I did a search and didn't find anything specific about the topic. I don't see the link. I'd like to read up on a little history about RBTA's. I know they've been around for a while. I've read that most people like the all rose colored ones without the green. but even the rose colored ones seems to have a little variety. I've also seen the ones coming in lately (DD). they have a hint of green to them and there's a morph I saw at LFS that was more orange than red/pink and it had green oral disk. all these were called RBTA's so I really don't know which one is which. haha.

Tethered_Limbs
02/09/2012, 03:26 PM
i seen wat looked like a blue one on sum site, it may have just been super heavy actinics tho

z's_N_p's
02/09/2012, 03:29 PM
i seen wat looked like a blue one on sum site, it may have just been super heavy actinics tho
I'm sorry but I'm just talking strictly ROSE BTA's. :)

Tethered_Limbs
02/09/2012, 03:35 PM
o gotcha.

Rippinfrags
02/10/2012, 08:58 AM
I think your confusing yourself, all bubble tip anemone color morphs are E. Quadricolors. There is no such thing as "true rbta's"

bradleym
02/10/2012, 09:44 AM
I think your confusing yourself, all bubble tip anemone color morphs are E. Quadricolors. There is no such thing as "true rbta's"

+1

First you gotta ask the question "do you mean RED or ROSE BTA?". Then you gotta see if the person has any color blindness in their family history. THEN you gotta find out if they are referring to the BTA in MH, PC, T5 or LED lighting. Then you might have a chance to ask what you're asking. Honestly, the "true" anything is undefined because its determined by hear-say. Typically ROSE means green/red and RED means all red, in any shade of red. Typically. :)

z's_N_p's
02/10/2012, 12:44 PM
+1

First you gotta ask the question "do you mean RED or ROSE BTA?". Then you gotta see if the person has any color blindness in their family history. THEN you gotta find out if they are referring to the BTA in MH, PC, T5 or LED lighting. Then you might have a chance to ask what you're asking. Honestly, the "true" anything is undefined because its determined by hear-say. Typically ROSE means green/red and RED means all red, in any shade of red. Typically. :)
haha. thanks.

that makes sense. I was confusing myself with the term RBTA. I thought when I see RBTA, it's automatically ROSE BTA and didn't think about RED BTA. I thought they were the same.

ViPeR_930
02/10/2012, 02:19 PM
Not sure I'd agree with the red/rose bta terminology. The name of rose bta was around years ago when red-colored btas were still rare and red/green btas were unheard of. Red/green base btas then started coming in in huge numbers and, at the time, were less desirable than the all red btas.

Tmoriarty
02/10/2012, 02:40 PM
The nems i posted a pic of are red/green tentacles with a purple oral disk. Other varietys include "tequila sunrise" a rose nem that is orange in color (sometimes called a flame tip). The naming is ridiculous. Ignore the term RBTA and look for nems you like the color of. I have seen red speckled nems, with pink tips and with almost white tips. i have seen ones like mine and orange ones, all under the RBTA title. Some people come up with outrageous names and charge $300 for the nem. Just think about it like this, BTA's can come in anything from brown-green-red, the transition from green to red is a transition from a cold to warm color, so anything inbetween can be seen in some form depending on the light it is viewed under. Examples are orange/green/red/almost yellow.

As some people above have stated it really depends on what light the nem is kept under. Some develop far more vivid colors under different lighting (or when viewed from above). Ill take a few shots of the nem I posted with the new camera on wednesday. Ill show you how different it looks with only one MH on and from the top and from the side.

Another thing I see done all to often is white balance adjustments that over/under expose the saturation of the nem. (DD does it often). While I think the LA nems are great looking they rarely look as good in anyones tank as there pictures represent. Hope this all helps, look for what you like and buy it, and just know it may look different under your lights and with your camera :P.

Tmoriarty
02/10/2012, 02:43 PM
BTW the picture I posted above shows 3 diffrent BTA's. The varietys really are endless.

z's_N_p's
02/10/2012, 02:57 PM
Thank you for the replies. I've looked online on different colors of BTA's and I get confused on what a real RBTA is suppose to look like. I have seen many different varieties that have some red or orange in them. so if they are within the color range of red/orange/pink, it's a RBTA? I mean, I like them all. haha. :)

Tmoriarty
02/10/2012, 03:17 PM
Yes.... if they are red/orange/pink they are RBTA's. They may throw some other name on them but they are still RBTA's. A good example is look at LA's DD section, they call all variations of Rose nems RBTA's and it shows a lot of diffrent colors in this category.

Dukester
02/10/2012, 03:51 PM
heres my rose anemone after it just successfully split last night.
first shot is under actinics, second one is top down MH only.

before and after.

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd462/dukester_/edited.jpg

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd462/dukester_/IMG_4814.jpg