PDA

View Full Version : Picasso Clownfish

DSpate
02/11/2012, 11:33 PM
I'm looking to purchase a pair of Picasso's.. I'm from Canada, and no one with these seems to want to ship here, so I'm willing to drive to Montana to pick up and I will import them myself.

I've looked at Doni's Reef, which was considerably the best priced on the internet. Also, they have a great WYSIWYG system which is the experience you'd get from a LFS.

I haven't heard anything back from Doni's Reef in 2 days.. Has anyone else had this kind of experience with them?

I know there are a couple places to buy, AlphaCoral (Really expensive), Live Aquaria (expensive but good guarentee), Saltwaterfish.com (relatively good pricing and great guarentee), iblueworld.. (retarded prices).

Does anyone know anywhere else I can consider? Have any experiences with any of these?

Please keep in mind I want to be able to see what I'm buying, even if they are in a semi juvi stage still.

pweissma
02/12/2012, 12:08 AM
I've had a good experience with saltwaterfish.com. They did send me pictures of a fish I decided not to buy. The animals I did get shipped with much less water than liveaquaria uses but everying transitioned well into my tanks and was healthy. They are physically located very close to ORA so they can pick up from them and ship same day. They did this for me.

jbax
02/12/2012, 12:11 AM
alpha corals have some nice picasso's. i would look at clowning around's & SA's picasso's on alpha corals site. they are $219. to $300. for a pair with nice patterns. where live aquaria wants $379. for a pair. doni's reef is a breeder with a reg job, give her some time. but she ships to hong kong so your in luck. and your right, ibluewater is crazy prices with stock photo's.

good luck

DSpate
02/12/2012, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the quick replies guys. I am going to wait and talk to Alpha Corals when they are open on Monday, because there was 1 or 2 nice pairs they had on their website, that was around the same price as Doni's that I didn't notice before..

@ Pweissma - What did you say when you asked for photos? I've been in a conversation for over 2 weeks with them and just recently, they've only added 2 photos to the Eye It, Buy It section, which instead of following the $139.99 price tag, they listed them for 169.99. I'll try asking them again for pictures of other picasso's and see what they say..

Reason I'm so interested in Saltwaterfish.com is because they have free shipping... Not only that, I can pick up crabs and hermits for 1/4 of the price they sell for up here in Canada. Nassarius are around $5 per, 50 for $30 through them though.

jbax
02/12/2012, 01:01 AM
sometimes i take it for granted i live in florida and am near alot of breeders and suppliers. sometimes the pattern is worth the $$$

ange062
02/12/2012, 01:44 AM
Check out the sustainable aquatics stuff.

Here is my pair, not picassos but still:
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff12/ange062/Nano%20Cube/DSC_0560.jpg

buddythelion
02/12/2012, 02:48 AM
Just got my pair from Doni. Amazing clowns! :)

f3honda4me
03/20/2012, 12:55 PM
DSpate, a pair of picasso clownfish will be up on diver's den on liveaquaria.com today. Usually sometime around 5pm CST. It is listed on the sneak peak email.

ORAŽ Premium Picasso Clownfish (Pair)

f3honda4me
03/20/2012, 12:56 PM
DSpate, a pair of picasso clownfish will be up on diver's den on liveaquaria.com today. Usually sometime around 5pm CST. It is listed on the sneak peak email.

ORAŽ Premium Picasso Clownfish (Pair)