PDA

View Full Version : Worried About Tank Overflowing with Vortechs?

cm11599ps
02/12/2012, 08:57 PM
I just put two mp40's in my 55 last week. I was running them in anti-synch lagoon mode on the lowest setting. I have one on each end of the tank.

Quite honestly, I'm worried about using the other settings. Should I be concerned about my tank overflowing? It kind of scares me. lol

aoeBombcat
02/13/2012, 04:47 AM
It shouldn't overflow your tank, since you are not adding more water to the tank with the mp40. The only thing it can do is create waves higher then the side of your tank and the water splashes out. I use 2 mp40 on my 90, and have same setting with no issues.

cm11599ps
02/13/2012, 08:52 AM
It shouldn't overflow your tank, since you are not adding more water to the tank with the mp40. The only thing it can do is create waves higher then the side of your tank and the water splashes out. I use 2 mp40 on my 90, and have same setting with no issues.

That was kind of my concern. I don't want to set it in a mode and have it be fine, but then an hour later the mode progresses and causes water going over the rim.

Am I just being paranoid ?

aoeBombcat
02/13/2012, 09:13 AM
As far as I know, the only 2 setting that can cause a wave is the short and long pause, and it has to be set in a certain to cause a wave. But if you are using Lagoon, you should be fine. If you dont see the wave in 5 minutes, I think you will be fine.

njudson
02/13/2012, 12:14 PM
2 mp40s on a 55 is gonna be pretty intense. Guessing you will want them pretty low even without concern for splashing. How space is there between the water level and the rim? No doubt in my mind you could get a big wave going and lose water if you wanted to but its unlikely to happen in a situation your livestock is happy with.