PDA

View Full Version : marco rock!!!

alex28
02/13/2012, 07:19 PM
Hey guys looking to do about 3 pillars on my semi cube 3x2x2 and wanna cover the over flow box how much marco rock would i need thanks guys....

:reading:

imolaragazzo
02/13/2012, 08:47 PM
If you email him directly or call him up he will be able to help you out with that. He's really helpful with working with what you need.

alex28
02/13/2012, 09:03 PM
If you email him directly or call him up he will be able to help you out with that. He's really helpful with working with what you need.

I tried to email him no responds and calling him no pick up is it a different time over there iam in san diego !!!!!

imolaragazzo
02/13/2012, 09:55 PM
Hm, usually hear an email back from him after a day. But I'll try to help you out just using my experience. I've used marco dry rocks on all of my builds, I'm assuming that's what you are going to be using? From your dimensions that's a 90 gallon tank. Is it just three individual pillars you're wanting? Somewhat of a minimalist look? In that case you might need as little as 20 pounds of rock per pillar. In my 55 I used just around 60 pounds in the display tank and it gives it a pretty filled up look.

alex28
02/13/2012, 10:21 PM
Hm, usually hear an email back from him after a day. But I'll try to help you out just using my experience. I've used marco dry rocks on all of my builds, I'm assuming that's what you are going to be using? From your dimensions that's a 90 gallon tank. Is it just three individual pillars you're wanting? Somewhat of a minimalist look? In that case you might need as little as 20 pounds of rock per pillar. In my 55 I used just around 60 pounds in the display tank and it gives it a pretty filled up look.

kind of weird right from what i hear he usually get back pretty quick. anyways yes iam looking to get like 3 or 4 pillars and maybe a small cave. any suggestions on how high i should do the pillars? i was thinking of getting 75 pounds of key largo rock whatcha think???

thanks bud:bounce3:

alex28
02/13/2012, 10:24 PM
http://www.sandiegoreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?82722-PK-s-return-to-the-addiction-with-160g

this is my inspiration ^^^^:reading:
page 6 and 7

imolaragazzo
02/13/2012, 11:47 PM
I see, 100 pounds should be perfect to do three or four pillars. He only sells in multiples of 50.

skratchiechan
02/14/2012, 12:17 AM
Nice Alex! Cant wait til see your build thread... also you might want to look into acrylic rods...theres sd plastic in national city

alex28
02/14/2012, 12:27 AM
Nice Alex! Cant wait til see your build thread... also you might want to look into acrylic rods...theres sd plastic in national city

Hey thanks bud I can't wait either Iam having withdrawals lol..
I will check that place out thanks again

imolaragazzo
02/14/2012, 08:58 AM
Also I would order some mortar from marco while you're at it. It will hold your structure together great. Im using it in a current build.

alex28
02/14/2012, 09:36 AM
Also I would order some mortar from marco while you're at it. It will hold your structure together great. Im using it in a current build.

I was thinking of just the rods but I guess the mortar wouldn't hurt thanks bud

nanojg
02/14/2012, 09:50 AM
You might look into ways of removing bound phosphates from the rock. My rocks from marco rocks (and most dry rock) was loaded in phosphates.

imolaragazzo
02/14/2012, 10:34 AM
You might look into ways of removing bound phosphates from the rock. My rocks from marco rocks (and most dry rock) was loaded in phosphates.

It seems recent batches aren't bad at all. Just last week I got in some marco dry rock and just to be careful I went ahead and treated with lanthanum chloride and then gave it a vinegar bath but really saw no excess phosphates from the rock. With 100 pounds though I would see how a little portion of that rock is and if you does have some bound phosophate issues you can go ahead and treat it. Lanthanum Chloride is awesome