PDA

View Full Version : Doublechecking RBTA is Ok

ianjirka
02/14/2012, 12:42 AM
I got a new RBTA last Tuesday -- moved about a bit and settled after 24 hours. It has been inflating nicely. Fed him Krill for the first time yesterday, which it gobbled up. Today it expelled a marble-sized white 'sack' with two krill [shells] inside, and totally deflated. The sack disintigrated when I siphoned it out.

Reading around, this sounds Ok but wanted to double check since it is my first one.

Thanks!

-Ian

haftafish
02/14/2012, 07:28 AM
I am by no means an expert but from what I've read they tend to deflate when they poop. But I'm sure that someone with far more experience will chime in. Hope that helps.

BlazinNitro16
02/14/2012, 10:26 AM
yeah this is exactly what my rbta did at first. it would completely deflate to the point that it looked dead. the next day when i wake up its back to its normal size. it happens with alot of rbta's but not all of them do it. it should be all good!

ianjirka
02/14/2012, 01:42 PM
yeah this is exactly what my rbta did at first. it would completely deflate to the point that it looked dead. the next day when i wake up its back to its normal size. it happens with alot of rbta's but not all of them do it. it should be all good!

Thanks. It was back to normal this morning :-)

Tethered_Limbs
02/15/2012, 11:41 AM
if it does that more than a couple times a week you gotta problem