PDA

View Full Version : juvenile Emperor in quarantine tank is ready for display tank

Carey1465
02/15/2012, 01:54 PM
Its going on 3 weeks tomorrow since I put my juvenile Emperor in my quarantine tank and he's doing great!!! I haven't put anything into the tank like copper and etc. I'll probably keep him in there for another week or two just to be safe then I'll acclimate him into my large DT. Does anyone have any concerns about my plan?

Reefmedic79
02/15/2012, 02:03 PM
Sounds good I would push the total QT time closer to 8 weeks though, and IME I like to treat the tank and fish prophylacticly because I'd hate for something to present itself at the 6th week and then have to wait another 8 weeks to properly treat.

jon99
02/15/2012, 07:17 PM
I agree with the above post. 6-8 weeks is what's usually recommended. I'd also recommend a hyposalinity treatment for at least 4 of those weeks to eliminate the possibility of ich. See here for step by step...

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/fish-diseases-treatments/23131-hyposalinity-treatment-process.html

You have to do it with all your current fish and any new ones in the future for this to work. I was really tired of dealing with ich which would pop up any time my fish were the least bit stressed and sometimes seemingly out of no where, so I did this treatment on my clown, purple tang, and hippo tang and almost 2 years later haven't seen a sign of it since. It really worked!! Good luck!