PDA

View Full Version : 3 Noob Questions: I can't PROGRAM GROUP, what am I doing wrong?

ghostman
02/15/2012, 07:53 PM
I bought 2 used radions from different people. The software found them, and I put them in a group together, naming them Light 1, and Light 2. When I hit the PROGRAM GROUP button below them, I get an error in the status window. What am I doing wrong?

Also, can anyone explain to me the difference between a saved program, and a saved graph? Do I need one or both? When I load a new program, nothing happens...

Lastly, when I click on the INHERIT button, a different graph appears (the default one). What purpose does the Inherit button perform, and why do I need it checked if it grays out my graph?

Sorry for the noob questions, I'm trying to get a handle on these things before I install them above the tank. Thanks in advance.

LSUtiger
02/15/2012, 08:12 PM
Instead of hitting "program group" from the left side of the window, go to the tools at the top and select program system from there. That should work. The button on the left side doesn't always seem to work, but it's always worked for me using the tools drop down.

Not sure about your other questions, but when I get the graph looking like I want, I save the project and then program the system or maybe vice versa. I think you want to have the inherit group schedule checked for each light, then click the group name and change the graph there, not under each individual light. That should fix you up.

EcoTech Service
02/16/2012, 10:47 AM
LSUtiger is correct; the program group error is something we have identified a few times and will be fixed in our next software revision. Tools > Program System will resolve that issue.

A saved project (.etp) will save ALL settings (i.e. light/group name(s) whereas saving the graph will save ONLY your graph with all points.

If you are programming both lights, you will want to have the Inherit Group Schedule box checked under each light and then make graph changes by selecting the group name above the lights.

kellerexpress
02/16/2012, 10:11 PM
Thanks for clarifying this, I was having the same problem.

ghostman
02/18/2012, 08:20 AM
Thanks so much for the advice. It worked perfectly. Now if I can only stop tweaking my colors:-)