PDA

View Full Version : Eel experts please read

anaya
02/17/2012, 04:18 PM
I have a fimbriated moray eel that I have wanted to get another eel tank mate for. Up till now I have found no possible tank-mates that would be appropriate. I recently came across a few books and internet sites discussing the point that fimbriated morays are found in the wild more often than not sharing a cave/hide spot with White-eyed Moray Eel (Siderea thyrsoidea). Now what is most interesting to me is that when found together in the same hole there are usually two white eyed for every fimbriated but quite often there is only one of each species. If this takes place in the wild I am curious how it would work out in a tank setting. I have a 75gal (on the small side for an adult fimby) species only tank for my fimby which has a very intricate cave and tunnel system. The amount of places to hide are incredible and most are large enough for a full grown specimen.

I am gonna think on this and try to find as much more info about the two together before attempting this as I can. Please give your advice and comments on this idea even if they completely oppose it.

Antonio

rubensito
02/17/2012, 07:42 PM
If the fimby would be a juvenile i'd give it a shot. i haven't kept those 2 species together. i've kept fimbys with g. moringa and a black edge moray. worked ok for a few years for me apparently due to similar aggression level, although the 2 atlantic species were much less secretive