PDA

View Full Version : Simple Timer Issue - Newbie Help Needed

BigOldReef
02/19/2012, 02:21 AM
Hey Guys,

Just got the controller Friday and trying to learn the coding.

I am using Tunze pumps - But I only want the Apex to turn them on/off - Not using variable speed feature.

Step 1 - is to have the pumps(outlet) turn off from 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunrise.

Step 2 - is to turn the pumps off for the half hour before the halides turn on until after all the halides have been turned on for half an hour.

Step 3 - if to turn the pumps off when the halides shut down at night and the moonlights turns on.

The tunzes are plugged into 3 outlets on 2 different EB8.
Example Outlet Name "Tunze_All_B"
Control Type "Advanced"

The code I wrote is:

Fallback ON
Set ON
If Sun -030/000 Then OFF
If Sun 030/000 Then ON
If Time 16:00 to 17:30 Then OFF
If Time 02:15 to 03:30 Then OFF
Min Time 010:00 Then OFF

The issue I have is that the pumps are turning off at 9:12 pm and turn back on after Sunrise (I'm assuming - they were on when I came downstairs this morning).

What did I do wrong ?

Thanks in advance - Thanks for your patience with a newbie.

Dave

Mark Bianco
02/19/2012, 05:26 AM
I am guessing here, but from what I have read in the new user manual. The sun command automaticly reverses it self at sunset. That could be your issue.

Mark

BigOldReef
02/19/2012, 01:37 PM
Mark,

Thanks for posting. The only issue is I am in Sunny So Cal and Sunset right now is around 5:45pm. So if it reversed it should turn off around 5:15 and back on around 6:15 - But the outlets didn't turn back on till 8:02 am.

The clock setup has the right date / time zone / and time -- Is there another configuration to set your zone for the sunrise / sunset table ? Is the Apex following the sunrise in another time zone ?

Thanks Dave

BigOldReef
02/21/2012, 10:38 PM
Hey Guys,

Bumping this back up... Could use some experienced help with this.

I contacted Neptune and sent them the code, and the response back was to remove the SUN command.

Seems to me using the sunrise/sunset to control an outlet is exactly why those commands were created.

Anyone have some insight as to how to fix this code?

Thanks !

D