PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for my Tunze's on a controller

damonbrodie
02/19/2012, 01:56 PM
I've had my tank setup for a while - about 4 months now. I have a 120G (4x2x2), with two 6055 placed on opposite ends of the tank - about 6 inches from the top. I also have a return pump doing about 900 GPH and a dedicated closed loop.

I also have an Aquacontroller Pro III with the optional tunze controller. Right now I have a pretty simple program - each pump alternates between 30% and 100% and one follows the other every 60 seconds.

My tank has a normal mix of fish, and lots of soft corals - will be adding SPS after another month or so.

My question is what would be a recommended program for the these pumps. Should I try and do wave action? Should I have shorter or longer cycles? Should I do something different at night?

rvitko
02/20/2012, 05:01 PM
Wave flow is not a good sole type of flow, you could do this if you had a couple more pumps to give an additional directional current. I think for SPS the 6055's are underpowered for this size tank, I would continue with the pulsed flow so both are running at the same time to maximize the flow. At night I would consider just stopping the pulsing and running both pumps at 60% plus as you want enough flow to prevent a pH drop.

damonbrodie
02/21/2012, 08:50 AM
Wave flow is not a good sole type of flow, you could do this if you had a couple more pumps to give an additional directional current. I think for SPS the 6055's are underpowered for this size tank, I would continue with the pulsed flow so both are running at the same time to maximize the flow. At night I would consider just stopping the pulsing and running both pumps at 60% plus as you want enough flow to prevent a pH drop.

Thanks for the comments. I will modify the program to keep the flow high and somewhat irregular then.