PDA

View Full Version : Needing Some Advice

Reefing Newbie
02/19/2012, 10:04 PM
This marks the second week that I have had two female pylei fairy wrasses in QT with two small ocellaris clowns. The wrasses got these whitish marks on their eyes, mostly on the pupil area. Started a thread with some pictures and was told probably flukes. I did a 7 day treatment of Prazi-Pro after doing a 10 gallon water change. I started the treatment last Sunday and it ended today(water change and put carbon back in the HOB filter). These white marks didn't go away so I am curios as to what is going on or if this could be something else. I noticed that the wrasses have gotten more picky with food. They used to eat mysis shrimp like crazy for the first week and slowed down gradually after that. Now they try it and spit it out. They love flake food though.

I assume a treatment means dosing 1tsp per 20 gallons once and just topping off? It didn't say I needed to add everyday. If I do then I can understand why it didn't work and will try again later this week.

Here (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2129796) is a link to my other thread being that I can't get any pictures of the eyes on the wrasses now.

Reefing Newbie
02/20/2012, 06:49 PM
Bump...

MarinaP
02/20/2012, 07:15 PM
It is best to perform 2 treatments back to back - follow the directions on the bottle.

Reefing Newbie
02/20/2012, 07:22 PM
It said 3 days between treatments. I just want to make sure that you don't need to keep adding your dosage of prazi everyday. I assume it is just add the amount it says once for 7 days and you are good.

MarinaP
02/20/2012, 07:32 PM
Once for duration of single treatment :)

Reefing Newbie
02/20/2012, 08:01 PM
Thanks! Hope the next treatment does it. Otherwise I will be spending the next week just taking shots of these wrasses hoping to get the stuff to show up on the picture.

chavo209
02/20/2012, 08:45 PM
I have a question. I added three new fish to my 50 gallon tank and allof a sudden allmy fish died.What theF any ideaswhat happened. Now I have a lonely tank. It all startded with one of the new fish all where fine ate well except one. Then all went down with ich. Then from one day to the next. Bam like a bomb all my fish dead. 4 demsels, undulated trigger. These where my originals. The other new ones I added where a lion fish, tomato clown , blue line grouper. All dead. RIP buddies. Any ideas what went wrong? Can some one help so I won't make the same mistake since i will berestocking soon.

jcmjoe
02/20/2012, 08:59 PM
I have a question. I added three new fish to my 50 gallon tank and allof a sudden allmy fish died.What theF any ideaswhat happened. Now I have a lonely tank. It all startded with one of the new fish all where fine ate well except one. Then all went down with ich. Then from one day to the next. Bam like a bomb all my fish dead. 4 demsels, undulated trigger. These where my originals. The other new ones I added where a lion fish, tomato clown , blue line grouper. All dead. RIP buddies. Any ideas what went wrong? Can some one help so I won't make the same mistake since i will berestocking soon.

If it happened that quick it may have been velvet, You should always quarantine all new fish before putting into your DT. Goodluck.

chavo209
02/20/2012, 09:03 PM
Here is a pic of my tank before it all went lonely

chavo209
02/20/2012, 09:05 PM
I think you are right my fish had that around there body. Is that what happens

chavo209
02/20/2012, 10:27 PM
What should I do before introducing new fish should I treat tank for velvet . What should I do?

Reefing Newbie
02/20/2012, 10:44 PM
To start off with you need to slow down. Here (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2133826) is a link to a writeup I made for anyone starting out and to point out some things to the people who didn't know this stuff. It is a long read, but I feel that you will get a lot out of it. I can speak for most of that stuff from experience in the short time that I have been in the hobby. This should get you started on the right foot, don't do anything with your tank other than testing and waterchanges until you read the thread I linked and have asked questions.

Tin_Whistler
02/21/2012, 02:46 PM
Most of the time you'll need 2-3 treatments to do the job. Just reapply and keep an eye on the fish

I have a question. I added three new fish to my 50 gallon tank and allof a sudden allmy fish died.What theF any ideaswhat happened. Now I have a lonely tank. It all startded with one of the new fish all where fine ate well except one. Then all went down with ich. Then from one day to the next. Bam like a bomb all my fish dead. 4 demsels, undulated trigger. These where my originals. The other new ones I added where a lion fish, tomato clown , blue line grouper. All dead. RIP buddies. Any ideas what went wrong? Can some one help so I won't make the same mistake since i will berestocking soon.The first suggestion I have is you should start your own thread. I don’t know how this forum feels about thread hijacking outside of the lounge, but regardless you’ll get more people to look at your specific problem if you start your own thread instead of hiding in in here.

As for your fish they could have died for a couple reasons. The first that comes to mind is ammonia poisoning. Adding three fish can make a bigger impact on your tank than you’d think, especially in a 50 gallon tank wich isn't as big as you'd think either.

Do you know your tanks parameters at all?

It also could have been the ich, but for it to kill all your fish that quickly it’d have to be ich that was already in your tank.

We’ll need more info to help you out with this, but you’ll also have an easier time getting replies in your own thread. It also has the added benefit of Reefing Newbie getting his own replies in his thread.

chavo209
02/22/2012, 12:44 AM
Sorry guys I'm new to the reef central thing. Thanks again for those who gave me advice. Tell you one thing don't come to the 209 we will realy show you what hi jacking is all bout Stockton Cali all day.

chavo209
02/22/2012, 12:48 AM
Thanks jcmjoe.