PDA

View Full Version : zoas seem to move to sides of plug

cichlid9
02/21/2012, 03:26 AM
Hello, some of my zoas seem to crawl off the tops of the plugs to the sides. Does this mean maybe they are getting too much flow or light? Im starting to get jealous of everyones pictures of nice tight bouquets of zoas lol

TjwBlake
02/21/2012, 08:35 AM
I think the answer is that they are going to do what they are going to do.
I only have 1 that is a tight bouquet everything else spreeds to where it wants to as fast as it wants to.
I imagine there is something to be said for the species as well, different ones grow in different ways

khowst
02/21/2012, 09:10 AM
My nuclear greens do the same thing. I have placed plugs in different locations with varying flow & light levels, and they all seem to do this. On the good side though they seem to spread then grow back filling in the gaps.

cichlid9
02/21/2012, 04:16 PM
ok, thanks for the replies guys, I guess its a coming thing...

johnny
02/21/2012, 06:40 PM
When I have this happen, I move them to lower light areas and it helps.

cichlid9
02/21/2012, 06:54 PM
i was thinking that but they are already on the bottom of the tank

johnny
02/21/2012, 07:12 PM
So were mine, I had to move them into the shade of other corals. I think running carbon had made rhe water clearer.

A. Grandis
02/22/2012, 12:19 AM
I've also noticed that the ones under the shades tend to grow like bouquets too, independent of being on the substrate or bottom of the tank.
The polyps placed close to the surface/more water flow aways grow like lines first before they get tight.
I believe it is a light influence. I think they look nice close to the lights!
Eventually they cover tight, so...

Grandis.