PDA

View Full Version : Programing Help Please

alanbates12
02/22/2012, 09:55 AM
This is how my skimmer is programed currently:
Fallback OFF
Set ON
If FeedD 120 Then OFF

I would like when I do FeedD, this is when I clean, then hit cancel on the display, because I'm done, for the skimmer to remain off for like 20 more minuets.

Also in case of power failure for it to remain off if power is turned back on for to to turn back on in 20 min.

swearint
02/22/2012, 10:00 AM
As you have probably guessed, the additional delay in the Feed command is ignored when canceled. You can achieve the desired result by using a Defer command.

[Skimmer]
Fallback OFF
Set ON
If FeedD 100 Then OFF
Defer 20:00 Then ON

So, once FeedA ends it will delay 100 minutes plus the Defer of 20 minutes. If you cancel FeedA, it will only delay by 20 minutes. I am not sure if the Defer will work when power is restored, I think it will. If it does not, then add the following after the Feed command:

If Power Apex OFF 001 Then OFF

Todd

alanbates12
02/22/2012, 10:06 AM
Thanks Todd how bought if I have a power surge. Just don't want the sump to be full of water because the main pump is off and turn back on with the elevated water level. Would like it to stabilize then turn on

alanbates12
02/22/2012, 10:08 AM
Todd do you know Brandon Campbell, Think you may have programed his Apex. He lives or lived in Kimberly Al

swearint
02/22/2012, 12:05 PM
Sorry, I don't know him.

I am not sure about a power surge. The best solution would be to use a small UPS and 12VDC adapter. That way the base unit would retain power and could detect the loss on the EBx and respond appropriately.

Todd

yellowbellied
02/23/2012, 12:24 AM
I have a Reef Octopus skimmer that I'd like to turn off every night at 8:30 pm for feeding and have it turned back on at 9:30 pm. I have an Apex Jr and would like to plug it into outlet 4. Can someone please show me a script that will work? I've tried reading the "super duper" guide, but I'm not a technical person. Thanks for all the help

RussM
02/23/2012, 07:19 AM
I have a Reef Octopus skimmer that I'd like to turn off every night at 8:30 pm for feeding and have it turned back on at 9:30 pm. I have an Apex Jr and would like to plug it into outlet 4. Can someone please show me a script that will work? I've tried reading the "super duper" guide, but I'm not a technical person. Thanks for all the help

Set ON
If Time 20:30 to 21:29 Then OFF
If Power Apex 003 Then OFF

The above will do exactly as you requested. I also added the last line so that there will be a 3-minute delay in starting up the skimmer after a power loss or Apex - this gives the water level in the sump enough to to normalize before the skimmer will start.

alanbates12
02/23/2012, 08:58 AM
Hey RussM would this also work for a power out for me

[Skimmer]
Fallback OFF
Set ON
If FeedD 100 Then OFF

swearint
02/23/2012, 09:14 AM
Yes, that is what I suggested above. However, the Defer will add a 20 minute delay, so the total would be 23 minutes. To be honest, I find the If Power Apex command to be of limited value. Without power, the Apex cannot operate. The command really detects when power has been restored rather than when it is first lost. The If Power EBx command combined with a small UPS is a much better solution. The UPS does not need to be very large, just enough for power hiccups and short outages.

Todd

RussM
02/23/2012, 09:16 AM
Hey RussM would this also work for a power out for me

[Skimmer]
Fallback OFF
Set ON
If FeedD 100 Then OFF

I have no doubt that Todd's suggestion will work perfectly.

RussM
02/23/2012, 09:29 AM
I understand your point Todd, but If Power Apex is, in some cases, a better way of inducing a startup delay than the more far-reaching Defer.

alanbates12
02/23/2012, 01:44 PM
I had a UPS but the first time my power did a hiccup it failed. I need to take it back

yellowbellied
02/23/2012, 03:37 PM
Set ON

The above will do exactly as you requested. I also added the last line so that there will be a 3-minute delay in starting up the skimmer after a power loss or Apex - this gives the water level in the sump enough to to normalize before the skimmer will start.

Thanks so much. I'll try this at home tonight.

yellowbellied
02/23/2012, 10:46 PM
Set ON

Here's the error message when I hit the Update Outlet button.
\\ Error: On or Off expected after Module name //Error: line 3 - If Power Apex 003 Then OFF

RussM
02/23/2012, 10:54 PM
Here's the error message when I hit the Update Outlet button.
\\ Error: On or Off expected after Module name //Error: line 3 - If Power Apex 003 Then OFF
Oops... I missed a keyword.

If Power Apex OFF 003 Then OFF

yellowbellied
02/25/2012, 12:56 AM
Oops... I missed a keyword.

If Power Apex OFF 003 Then OFF

Works like a charm. Thanks

yellowbellied
02/25/2012, 12:58 AM
Next question. What does all this mean for the light outlet? I copied it straight from the Jr's screen.

Fallback (On/Off) Off On
On time (HH:MM)
Off time (HH:MM)
Shutdown probe (Probe Name)
Device shutdown value (Probe Value)
Hysteresis (MMM:SS)

RussM
02/25/2012, 09:28 AM
Next question. What does all this mean for the light outlet? I copied it straight from the Jr's screen.

Fallback (On/Off) Off On

Fallback is what an EnergyBar outlet should do if the EnergyBar cannot communicate with the base controller. fallback only works with EB8 & EB4 outlets... it has no effect with other outlets, such as the ones in an Apex Jr.

On time (HH:MM)
Off time (HH:MM)

Should be self-explanatory

Shutdown probe (Probe Name)
Device shutdown value (Probe Value)

Use these is you want the outlet to be turned off if a given probe (such as Temp) reading exceeds the set value.

Hysteresis (MMM:SS)

Use this if you are controlling Metal Halide lighting. MH lamps require a cool-down period after they are shut off before they will fire again. Some MH lamps only need 7-10 minutes, others may need as much as 30 minutes. This isn't needed for other lighting types.

I personally don't use the wizards. You will gain a better understanding of the Apex programming and be better able to exploit the power of the Apex if you use Advanced control type for outlets.