PDA

View Full Version : 45 gallon cube RBTA tank

javsku
02/22/2012, 12:26 PM
Hello,

I am in the process of setting up a 45 gallon cube for my RBTA's. I started with one but it split itself 3 times. Luckily they have all stayed on one large rock. The reason for the split was due to stress from my mated pair of true percs. I don't think my anemone was big enough yet when I introduced the clowns into the tank. I have a mixed reef tank and I'm starting to go heavier on the SPS. My fear is having them move around the tank as they get bigger. They are starting to grow fast. So I decided to give them their own tank. I just needed another excuse for another saltwater tank and my wife bought it :) .

I would like to go LED's for this tank but not break the bank. I just need it to put out enough light for my nems. Here is a fixture I found on ebay that looks pretty good. It's modular and has a 3yr warranty.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140697482353?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Here is a recent video of my clowns and RBTA's shot with my iphone.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x01vtcR83t0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kaxt
02/22/2012, 01:44 PM
I don't know much about LEDs but congrats on having an excuse to set up a new tank. I also enjoyed your video.

OCREEFLOVER
02/22/2012, 06:47 PM
Great video, really enjoyed it. I'm not familiar with that brand led. I would stick with one of the more popular models. Apollo reef makes a good fixture for the price.

Willster
02/22/2012, 11:08 PM
I'd suggest making your own fixture. It allows things to be made 100% custom and the way I look at it, if something breaks or goes wrong, you know exactly how to fix it :) Building a fixture is pretty easy and is pretty rewarding

javsku
02/23/2012, 01:02 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I am strongly considering a DIY led fixture. I am doing research on it now. Makes sense considering I'm doing everything else myself.

Willster
02/23/2012, 09:49 PM
It seems a helluva lot harder than it is. But, the way I look at it, you cant go wrong with custom. AND it puts that much more pride into it when it comes time to show it off ^_^