PDA

View Full Version : Apex Jr Dosing Pump not Turning off

rishma
02/23/2012, 10:24 PM
I bought an Apex Jr and a BRS 1.1ml to dose vinegar. I am just getting around to setting it up.

I have run several tests and continue to have a problem getting the pump to turn off. I am using the simple command listed below:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 22:20 to 21:21 Then ON

what is the problem?

RussM
02/23/2012, 10:52 PM
If Time 22:20 to 21:21 Then ON

This will run the pump for 23 hours from 10:20 PM until 9:21PM the following night.

What exactly do you want it to do?

rishma
02/24/2012, 08:06 AM
ha ha. I made a typo on my last test but three prior tests failed.

Ultimately I want to run the pump for around 3 minutes. My final dose is not dialed in. I plan to use the Defer function for fractional minutes.

here is a test that failed.

If Time 22:23 to 22:25 Then ON
Defer 000:30 Then On

I was trying to run the pump for 2.5 minutes. The defer command worked but the pump did not switch off a 22:26. I just kept running for several minutes....

This issue repeated with several tests. It did turn off during a couple of tests, just not consistently. I definitely cannot risk overdosing.

rishma
02/25/2012, 10:19 PM
to close the loop....

I dont know what I was doing wrong but it seems to work fine now. I have run several tests and the pump turned on and off as I intended. I must admit I am still a little nervous so I'll probably test is a few more days before actually using it to dose.

bazineta
02/26/2012, 02:28 AM
You seem to be trying to emulate a human performing a manual dose once during a 24-hour period.

You may have a very valid reason for wanting to do that, in which case you can just ignore the rest of this post. However, since you've got a computer to do the work for you, you may wish to dose on a more constant basis rather than all at once.

I would suggest going with a simpler approach, and instead just dosing every hour for a short period. For example, for 20 seconds duration on the hour, every hour:

Fallback OFF
OSC 000:00/000:20/059:40 Then ON

rishma
02/26/2012, 08:16 AM
bazineta -

Thanks for the suggestion. I agree that in general distributing the dose through the day is probably better; however, the dose is quite small so i figured it would not matter too much....now that you have planted to the idea in my head, I'll have to give it a try.