PDA

View Full Version : 2 part in top off?

LISound
02/24/2012, 11:17 PM
I don't see any issue with adding either the CA or AK portion to my top off. Since i have to add ALK everyday, I'm going to opt with that.

I know how much top off i use per week as well as how much 2 part. Any problems here?

bertoni
02/25/2012, 12:14 AM
Not particularly. :) It should be fine. I'd watch the alkalinity level for a while, though, just to be sure it's not dropping or getting too high.

Ron Reefman
02/25/2012, 07:42 AM
I don't see any issue with adding either the CA or AK portion to my top off. Since i have to add ALK everyday, I'm going to opt with that.

I know how much top off i use per week as well as how much 2 part. Any problems here?

I have a lot of sps and lps corals and therefore I dose pretty heavily. I dose cal in a gallon of top off in the morning and alk in a gallon of top off in the afternoon. I evaporate just about 2 gallons a day. I've been doing this for over a year now and the corals are growing great!:beer:

Ansphire
02/25/2012, 08:51 AM
I have a lot of sps and lps corals and therefore I dose pretty heavily. I dose cal in a gallon of top off in the morning and alk in a gallon of top off in the afternoon. I evaporate just about 2 gallons a day. I've been doing this for over a year now and the corals are growing great!:beer:

What is your reasoning behind dosing Ca in the morning and Alk in the evening?

LISound
02/25/2012, 11:57 AM
great. cheaper than a doser and i should only need to add CA every few days. is it ok to let CA get down to around 380-400 and kick it back up to 440 in one dose? I know it will have a small effect on akl. bringing it down a bit.