PDA

View Full Version : Tripping 20A HD and 20A Lowes GFI

septicdeath
02/25/2012, 12:46 PM
So, I installed 2 new gfi's, I managed to read somewhere that some gfi's are more sensitive that others from a ecotech employee on some forum. So I tried a total of 3, all 3 trip. SO I read more, and it looks like you are replacing power supplies for people? And another thread someone says to contact you for a fix? Seeing as most that have complained in the early stages got new PSU that stopped it from happening? How do we get on that list?

Mine stays on for 25-30 mins and then trips the GFI. Originally I had the gfi wired in line/load configuration and it was tripping and knocking out other outlets on the load circuit, so I rewired that, so the other outlets stay on, but cant get the outlet feeding radion to go longer than 25 mins, so I know I have the issue everyone is talking about.

Patiently waiting for response, good thing my corals are under existing lighting... :(

EcoTech Service
02/27/2012, 04:09 PM
In essence, our power supplies are switchable between 110/220v- this allows our fixtures to be used around the world without the use of an alternative power supply. In rare instances we've discovered extremely sensitive US (110v) GFCI outlets that trip whenever an electronic component with a substantial current is plugged into the outlet. In these cases, we have non-switchable "US" power supply that we can swap for you which should eliminate this issue.

If you are continuing to experience this issue, please contact our customer service department directly by e-mailing service@ecotechmarine.com or calling 1-800-785-0338 ex. 2.

septicdeath
02/27/2012, 08:08 PM
Johnathon,

Thanks, I was on the phone this morning with a customer service technician, other than his need to "reboot" his computer because of networking issues or whatever (Hey, it happens to all of us, hopefully just not when actually assisting a customer) so he took my info with a piece of paper and a pen, and told me he would get it into the system when it started working again, and I was told that I should expect my new ballast to go out today some time if you had some modded ballasts ready to go, if one needed to be made, he said still maybe today, or tomorrow.

I'm busting your hump just so I can then go on and tell you how good your customer service team was, with what would be pure frustration to me (trying to use me computer for work, and it not working), he was able to stay calm, laugh about it, and made me not mind having to sit on the phone, good workers are hard to come by, so kudo's #1 on a good service rep.

I'll make sure to give kudo's #2 if I get my fixed supply with any amount of urgency, as, well, without light, our little animals kinda die. Didn't spent chump change on the unit, so I'm sure like me, all expect it to work out of the box. Luckily I still had old lighting I was able to gerry rig up in the meantime.

Thanks guys,

John