PDA

View Full Version : Real time waether idea

Guillaume
02/25/2012, 02:15 PM
Just throwing something here that would be amazing for the Apex and VDM module.

If our Apex is connected to internet, why wouldn't it donwload real time weather from some programmable location from avation weather publications which are always up to date (every 15min) and detailed.
We would just have to choose a city or an airport code and get real time weather (clouds % or clear day, storm and lightnings, etc) that could be set by the weather command of the VDM module on AI Sol lighting unit for instance.
Saying that because I'm also a MS Flight simulator player and since a decade MS has put this feature in several version of the game where weather is automaticaly update for your location every 15 minutes, for free.

Just an idea for Neptune ;)

doctorgori
02/25/2012, 04:35 PM
Ha ha...beat ya to it .... :beer: (great minds think alike)
There was a thread a lil while back about features we'd like to see....
I got a Toro sprinkler system that "allegedly" ties into weather,com or sumthink like that and it dawned on me the Apex might do sumthin similar...

Might also be nice to have variable longitude/latitude while we are at it

smb2415
05/04/2013, 04:50 PM
Hey guys any movement on this? Im interested in this idea as well.

Guillaume
05/04/2013, 07:04 PM
Yes, I saw it somewhere on a new product recently (this winter I think). I can't remember which but I think it was on a new LED light product (maybe AI's).
Let me know if you find it !

smb2415
05/06/2013, 03:41 PM
I will do. I couldnt find much though. Only that APEx now allows you to modify the season table. I would like a complete solution where if it is raining in "Aruba" it would be raining in my tank. Same for storm, temp, cloud, etc.

ebacon
05/06/2013, 09:50 PM
At one time years ago the neptunevaquacontroller would do this. That functionality is obviously no longer supported. I would imagine Neptune simply does not see a good ROI for the development time, that said I'm sure if the wanted to charge for this programming or a third party wanted to mod the firmware it would not be difficult. Then again, maybe it's on "the list"...

smb2415
05/07/2013, 11:00 AM
I did see that they used offer that software. I believe it caused too many concerns so they rebuilt it as the seasons table.

Rather than try to independently mod the firmware I think a wiser choice would be to create an add-on device alleviating support/warranty/reliability concerns

smb2415
05/07/2013, 11:03 AM
it would be great if neptune apex had an interface to receive bidirectional commands (rs232/IP). I dont think they support that outside of the web interface.