PDA

View Full Version : My Mantis dilemma...

j2slk
02/26/2012, 02:19 AM
So... I have had my latest tank (90g) for close to 2 years now. So what could possibly be the problem? I have recently discovered a mantis shrimp, but that's not my problem though; he/she has really started to grow on me! And I want to keep it. What should I do!? The tank has about 7 fish including two new dragonets I just recently added. Should I be concerned? It is obvious that the mantis shrimp has been in the tank for some time now, even if I just recently discovered it, last time I added rocks that could have brought him to my tank to my tank was well over a year ago without a single fish loss. The mantis shrimp is becoming much more comfortable now as he comes out much more now. Will it eventually turn hit man/shrimp on me? I am more concerned for the much slower moving dragonets. Should I remove him? Place him in a separate mini tank, my refugium?

King Nikon
02/26/2012, 02:23 AM
I would say yes remove him/her and place in it's own tank or the refugium of your tank. If your fish have been OK this long you probably have a smasher that is eating snails/hermits etc so your fish were never attacked.

While I think it would be unlikely your fish are in danger you never know.