PDA

View Full Version : hole in my coral

Falcao
02/26/2012, 09:23 AM
Hey Guys,
I have know idea on what is going on with my coral. It started about two weeks ago becoming a little white. Now, there is a complete hole through it. Is it dieing on me, or splitting? I really have no idea? please help.
thanks

CynicalCnidaria
02/26/2012, 09:48 PM
The hole in your coral is usually something that happens when they are ready to split off, usually a little piece will come off and then it will grow in another potion of your tank. I believe that is what is happening

Falcao
02/28/2012, 08:33 AM
Thank you for the reply. So, you do not think that the leather something bad is helping it?

maxx56dog
03/16/2012, 12:54 AM
hows it doing? any updates, to me it looked like damage but maybe i was wrong

Falcao
03/16/2012, 09:53 AM
The hole is still there. It has not closed yet. I have a coral beauty that I put in the tank several months ago, and since then the polys on the leather have not extend. I assume it is the coral beauty, but I do not think it casue the hole. Maybe from stressing it, not sure. I do also have an emearld crab sleeping in it at nght when it closes. I will see if I can get another pic. What do you guys think?

BamBam17
03/30/2012, 04:15 PM
I had the EXACT problem with my leather, was told it was splitting. Unfortunately it wasnt and I had to cut the infected area out before the whole coral took a dive. It recovered well, just took some time...the longer you wait the worse it'll get...I'll post some pics later

Falcao
03/30/2012, 06:41 PM
Sorry been busy at work I got to take some pictures. I believe it is bigger than the first picture. Bambam did thy polys extend any with the hole, if not have cutting it did you get any extension? I get very small tips coming out but nothing more

Falcao
05/31/2012, 12:39 PM
update. "the longer you wait the worse it'll get", It appear to be an effected area. I have cut it into several pieces over the weekend. Now wait any see.