PDA

View Full Version : Tank pic with red bugs.... ?

taylor t
02/28/2012, 09:29 AM
I am thinking of moving all my acro's to a 75 gallon that's well established that I treated a couple sps frags with interceptor a few months ago, and I'm thinking of doing a treatment again with ALL my acro's in it. I like the results I got with my 75 gallon and a few frags, but refuse to do it to my 210 because. That's it, and please don't try to talk me into bombing the 210. Ain't doin' it... I want to remove all their food source instead.

Do red bugs live on ONLY acro's, or do I have to remove my monti's too? How long do RB's live for with no sps? I found a guess of 3-5 days a few places, but all seem to be unsure. My big blue sps is loaded with RB's. I have a small frag in my 75 that looks great, RB free, and I'd like to treat all my acro's.

Main question, if I move all my acro's to my 75, treat that tank a few times, how long does it really take to be safe before moving some back after final treatment? 2 weeks ok? 2 months? And, my monti's are pretty entrenched. Will monti's keep RB's alive? Here's a pic of the tank where I want to remove the acro's, and you can see in the middle where I have spongodes sitting on top of the invasive red monti. Removing it could prove difficult if RB's live in it, which I can't see any on the monti. Help?

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/dave1748/P2261129.jpg

The only thing I think that would stop me from doing this is if someone knows FOR SURE that they can live on monti's, as I have grape monti growing on my glass, and flat on rocks, and my red one is on several pieces of rock, like glue. Removing the monti's isn't going to happen, so if they live on monit's, I'm thinking all my sps in the tank stay. Thoughts?

taylor t
02/28/2012, 05:57 PM
Does anyone know the life cycle and food requirements of red bugs? With no food (acro's), how long can they live?