PDA

View Full Version : Sharknose or neon goby feeding question

Mr. Wiggles
02/29/2012, 08:45 PM
I recently added a sharknose goby to my tank (4-5 days ago), and for the past few days the goby has taken up residence in the back corner of my tank (40B), and rarely ventures far from it. I am feeding mysis and cyclopeeze, along with NLS pellets and flake. I have observed the goby eat once or twice, but not within the past few days. I don't think that this is due to intimidation from my firefish and royal gramma as I have observed no aggression at all. I tried to get a good look at its belly today and it looked somewhat full, but nowhere near the full stomachs of the other two fish due to the extra food in the water from my attempt to entice the goby to eat. Do these little guys have a slower metabolism and thus only need food every so often or do I have a non=eater on my hands? Thanks for any help, I really don't want to lose this little guy.

Mr. Wiggles
03/01/2012, 07:54 AM
Anyone?

Masterofnonsense
03/01/2012, 11:37 AM
I have had my neon goby for close to 4 years now. It is quite plump and looks like it ate another small fish. The belly on him is almost comical. For food, mine loves Nutramar Ova, and will rip apart mysis. In my opinion, I don't believe these fish have a slow metabolism.

MikeandNicole
03/01/2012, 01:10 PM
I have kept them for years, feed rods and live blackworms and he will take down anything.