PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing suggestions requested

Jay-Hawks
03/02/2012, 01:28 PM
I'm in the process of completely rebuilding my 135 gallon reef ready tank and I was considering doing something a little bit different with my overflow boxes. I have two over flow boxes with both a drain and return line. I was considering bringing my return lines over the back of the tank or through just one of the return lines leaving one or both of the return hole unused. I was thinking about adding another drain line that would function as an emergency drain. This would be simple enough if my sump was below the tank but my sump is located in my garage and the option of running another line to the garage isn't feasible. I plan to have enough capacity in my drain line to handle more flow then what will be coming from my normal drain lines but if I just use a "T" valve and connect the emergency drain line to it I would think that I'm going to hear the sound of the water going through the pipe. I thought about putting in a drain trap but I would think that any water in the trap would be pulled out by a siphon that was created by the normal drain lines.

Hope this makes sense...any suggestions?

jeff@zina.com
03/02/2012, 02:43 PM
Herbie Overflow. Search for it. :)

Jeff