PDA

View Full Version : My clowns spawn again last night.

Sport507
03/03/2012, 11:24 AM
My clown spawn again last night. The damn things spawn on the back glass and I have spawning slate sqaures in several places for them to use. I scraped the eggs off after lights out. I want so show them it now safe to spawn there.

Did I make a mistake doing that? How long do you think it will be before they spawn again?

Whip316
03/03/2012, 02:31 PM
Could be a bad thing scraping off the eggs. The better thing to do is keep putting a tile over the spots they choose. Eventually they will lay on a tile they like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davocean
03/03/2012, 04:50 PM
I actually have trained my clowns to lay on small pieces of LR that I place slightly under their nem.
It gives them a little protection from animals that want to eat their eggs, so it doesn't take much to get them to do this, just give a piece of LR that is fairly clean(they will make it very clean before laying)
To me this looks more natural in my tank than a tile.
Normally they spawn about every two weeks.

Sport507
03/03/2012, 05:33 PM
I actually have trained my clowns to lay on small pieces of LR that I place slightly under their nem.
It gives them a little protection from animals that want to eat their eggs, so it doesn't take much to get them to do this, just give a piece of LR that is fairly clean(they will make it very clean before laying)
To me this looks more natural in my tank than a tile.
Normally they spawn about every two weeks.

Thanks for the post.

See my problem is that the nem spit and she hangs out in one and he hangs out in the other all on the same rock. So I put spawning slates around both just in case. I also put one where the spawn the first 2 times. Guess I’m lost at this point. I do get tired of stay up and collecting larvae though on hatch night.