PDA

View Full Version : Setting up ATO w/Apex

dagon138
03/03/2012, 07:04 PM
I have the ATO with the direct connection to the IO port of a neptune apex, so no outlet..

I have no idea how to get this thing working though.

The instructions skip a lot of details. "program your controller to recognize the new switch"..Yeah that part.

So I'm in the webpage for my apex controller, I see nothing that looks like it see's the switch, nor how to get it to do that. Any suggestions?

aleonn
03/04/2012, 12:03 AM
I believe you need to get the Neptune Break out box, which has the IO port that you're looking for. At least that's what I connected my autotopoff.com ATO switches. Not exactly sure how the Avast switches and connection look like, though.

nonstopfishies
03/04/2012, 09:39 PM
I have the ATO with the direct connection to the IO port of a neptune apex, so no outlet..

The instructions skip a lot of details. "program your controller to recognize the new switch"..Yeah that part.

So I'm in the webpage for my apex controller, I see nothing that looks like it see's the switch, nor how to get it to do that. Any suggestions?

I am wondering the same thing. You definitely don't need a breakout box because it plugs directly into the aquacontroller. I just don't know how to program it either.

aleonn
03/04/2012, 11:41 PM
Ah, I see what you mean. Look up the Unofficial Apex Guide in the Neptune Systems forum. They have coding examples for an ATO.

Plug your ATO pump (I have a Tom Aquatics Aqua Lifter) into outlet #4 or #8 and program that outlet as follows below (your code may vary). Your switch outlet name will probably be different:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
OSC 000:00/005:30/054:30 Then ON // ATO pump turns on for 5mi 30 sec, and is off for 54min and 30 sec
If Switchx4_4 OPEN Then OFF // pump turns off when water level hits first float switch
If Switchx4_6 OPEN Then OFF // pump turns off when water level hits backup float switch

Hope that helps a little!

rainmkr07
03/05/2012, 06:17 AM

The Apex recognizes the float valve/switch automatically. I believe mine is recognized as Switch1 or Switch_1. One of those.

You want to program the pump plugged into the apex, not the switch. IE. if the switch is open, then the pump turns on. or you can do it by time too. IE. 5 minutes every 3 hours, unless the switch is closed, then off. that sort of thing. you can find the language in the unofficial apex manual or just google it! good luck!

Want2BS8ed
03/05/2012, 09:17 PM
Ah, I see what you mean. Look up the Unofficial Apex Guide in the Neptune Systems forum. They have coding examples for an ATO.

Plug your ATO pump (I have a Tom Aquatics Aqua Lifter) into outlet #4 or #8 and program that outlet as follows below (your code may vary). Your switch outlet name will probably be different:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
OSC 000:00/005:30/054:30 Then ON // ATO pump turns on for 5mi 30 sec, and is off for 54min and 30 sec
If Switchx4_4 OPEN Then OFF // pump turns off when water level hits first float switch
If Switchx4_6 OPEN Then OFF // pump turns off when water level hits backup float switch

Hope that helps a little!

The Avast ATO switch is a bit simpler - you only have one switch on the mini-din plug. I spend a lot of time traveling, so to keep track of what's on and off, I set up a virtual outlet to memorialize the switch's status. Here is the code I used:

SumpLow_C1
Set OFF
If Switch1 CLOSED Then ON
If Switch1 OPEN Then OFF

I then have a solenoid valve, plugged into outlet #4 controlled with the following:

ATO_4_4
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Outlet SumpLow_C1 = OFF Then OFF
If Outlet SumpLow_C1 = ON Then ON

As a fail safe for the solenoid, I have a float valve on the ATO bracket as well.

Hope the info helps!

matt2939
04/07/2013, 06:48 AM
I'm having the same problem...what I can't figure out is the name of my switch?

Where can I look that up?

Avast Marine
04/07/2013, 02:36 PM
I'm having the same problem...what I can't figure out is the name of my switch?

Where can I look that up?

If your using the breakout box then the switches are named Switch1-Switch6 depending on which location on the box you plugged it into (they are labeled). As far as I know there is no way to change the naming of these, but those are the default names of them.