PDA

View Full Version : Last cry for help!!!!!!!!!!

gasman059
03/03/2012, 07:53 PM
I know it sounds pretty desperate but I'm getting close here.
I've been dealing with this for a couple of weeks now.

Long story short backlight on my controller was very dim and got a replacement.

Updated software and connected to the new controller after chosing date and tine as well as language.

Soon thereafter all my peripherals are easily recognized w/o any issues. The update process goes w/o any porblems and the controller goes thru the usual disconnect.

AFTER THIS the unit is not recognized- spends about 10-20 secs trying to recognize with the Software bar stating controller aquisition in progress then nothing period/ the controller during this last process is black and nothing happens after multiple multiple attempts. No error code JUST nothing happens!

Ive disconnected every single powerbar and peripherals and tried with just the controller and one powerbar, still not recognize.

I'm at my witts end here and email back and forth is simply not working out with support in Italy, before I spend more than what this unit is worth in phone calls to Italy I NEED SOME HELP!

Thx again.

AQT
03/04/2012, 10:42 AM
answered to your private message with the direct e-mail contat of Italian technical dept.
Thanks
Davide

gasman059
03/04/2012, 11:14 AM
Davide while I do believe your efforts in this matter have been excellent, the customer service department and technical support is very lacking.

Two weeks and still no resolution to my problem, I've tried every single advise w/o success. I write an email and it takes a couple of days for an answer, this is just horrible in my opinion.

I'm fixing to give up on this controller and spread the word cause the basis of a product is its customer service and AQT lacks !!

After years and thousands of dollars in this system I feel robbed.

gasman059
03/04/2012, 01:29 PM
If there's two statements I never want to hear again as long as I live:

Please wait controller aquisition in progress.........
Data loading in progress..................................

And then nothing happens.

When I reconnect my old controller ( the one with no visibility o backlight)
The famous two phrases come up and viola! I connect and able to perform my checks setup my programs and so forth.

Initially Hydor believed the new AQT was defective and sent me another replacement, no go.

This is gotta be a simple fix, thus my frustartion with support, because is below average.

The only reason I continue to post is for all of us owners of this controller that have been faithful customers for many many years to get answers.

No knock on Mr.Davide because he's gone above and beyond what I believe he is able to acomplish. I guess having him around is better than nothing, whcihc was what we where acostumed to.

BTW I've had AQT for over 8 years and have had absolute no other complains in terms of the unit and its functionality.

Support is lacking. Even my friends involved with this controller are baffled( several of us oldtimers have been playing with it for a while)

I'm to old to learn the ins and out of a new controller-- please Davide have them boys over in Italy come on RC and help us out.

Bebo77
03/05/2012, 10:33 PM
I gave up on this controller years ago.

gasman059
03/06/2012, 04:17 AM
Well I wouldn't give up on it because Ive been using for eons, but I feel this is a simple solution. Just waiting patiently, I guess.

I have multiple powerbars and multiple peripherals.This is after many many years the only major setback if you can call it that. Its frustrating but I can't forget the 8 years of flawless work.

BriMc
03/06/2012, 08:51 AM
I have been using The aquatronica controller for a couple of years now and have used two other brands in the past, Aquatronica is by far the best. I have three powerbars and use every device that they offer minus the lighting. I have never had an issue with any of their products. I can't wait until the details of their new controller is released. I have found with their customer service you need to be PATIENT and they will resolve you problem.

AQT
03/07/2012, 04:17 AM
well Gasman, as far as I know you're already in contact with our Italian technical department and they are trying to solve your problem. When they will have understood how to solve it, I will send you a new controller, directly from Italy.
Hope it will be fine for you.
Thanks
Davide

gasman059
03/07/2012, 01:58 PM
Davide Yes I've been in contact with them- an email a day. Its been a process to say the least.

I will patienly wait for a resolution I guess.

AQT
03/09/2012, 06:38 AM
thanks for the patient gasman!!!