PDA

View Full Version : Acro Color

vaporlockv2
03/04/2012, 10:47 PM
I recently aquired a small wild caught acro colony. The guy had it in his tank for about a yr and it was the most beautiful goldish Ivory color. I've had it for about a month and while i struggled at first with a couple branches RTN'ing it seems to be doing quite well now. But i have noticed the tips starting to turn green. Im afraid it will keep turning color. While I know water conditions have an affect i know mine are fine. I'm thinking bulb choice might have to do with it. I am running two Hamilton 14k 250w MH, with t5 actinic supplimentation. I wonder if I'm too blue. Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

sporto0
03/04/2012, 11:03 PM
I wouldn't worry about it turning green, just stay away from white!!! Some of my Acro's have actually changed their whole color structure from when I bought them, some more vivid, others less so, I have found that Alk is very important in SPS coloration & yes, the intensity & color of your lighting makes a difference as well, but like I said, green is good, so no worries. I have even had them go back to their original color after months & months. Good luck & enjoy!

vaporlockv2
03/06/2012, 01:06 PM
Yeah I was just kinda hoping that it would keep it's golden color because that's what I really liked about it!