PDA

View Full Version : Quarantine tank Help !!!

AngGuKueh
03/04/2012, 11:21 PM
Hi I been quarantine my one clownfish and regal angelfish for bout 1 month...the clown look great and feed on pellet but the regal had cotton mouth for 3 weeks already and didn't eat any food untill now i been maintaining the water in top condition but yesterday when I water change the anmonia nitrie was 0ppm but the nitrate shoot up to more then 80ppm I don't know why and i change the water today and the nitrate is still high almost 80ppm also. I make 60% water change this two days can someone help me please can't find a good thread about this problem...I even use the test kit for my display tank and it's is good to be used 5% nitrate.

cdineen0823
03/04/2012, 11:38 PM
Whats your water source? RO/DI, tap, well,...etc?

shifty51008
03/04/2012, 11:40 PM
also describe your QT setup

AngGuKueh
03/05/2012, 01:57 AM
I using RO water the quarantine is jus a canister filter a air pump and a pvc elbow that all

AngGuKueh
03/05/2012, 09:23 AM
Actually I been fighting the cotton mouth disease in my Regal Angelfish for about 3 weeks now but still shown no improvement...Another tread said that the API Melafix can cure I been using it about 40% of the treatment already but still no result and I hardworking change water to the top condition and checked the parameter everday. Any recommended to this disease ?

MrTuskfish
03/05/2012, 10:07 AM
Cotton mouth is often fungal. I'd try Furan-2; its good for both fungus and bacterial infections. Mela-Fix is not a cure for anything, IMO. Nitrates at 80ppm aren't going to hurt fish; but not good for inverts. How big is the Regal? The QT? Did he arrive with the mouth problem? Any other symptoms?

AngGuKueh
03/06/2012, 12:44 AM
yea the regal now is bout 5 inches in the shop it was great but inside my house the next day disease spotted.

AngGuKueh
03/06/2012, 01:23 PM
upz

MrTuskfish
03/07/2012, 01:07 PM
Regals are one of the toughest fish in the hobby to acclimate, often refusing to eat. IMO & IME, the origin of the fish has a lot to do with it. Did you see the fish eat at the LFS? BTW, many Angel species are tough to acclimate as adults; probably because they've already established a diet that includes things that are hard for us to duplicate---especially sponge. I'd try one of the frozen angel foods that contain sponge----it might get him eating, doubtful if the cotton mouth has been treated and not eliminated. Sorry to say, doubtful even if it has. Have you treated this fish with anything else but the Mela-Fix yet?