PDA

View Full Version : Mixing triggers

TRIGGER_happy
03/01/2012, 10:25 PM
Wha do you guys think about having a tank with all diffrent triggers?

I have 3 triggers right now and 2 large cinamon clown. I am in love with a clown trigger at my LFS and i know he is quite agressive since he tries to attack my finger through the glass.

I would love to make this my fish but i am concerned base on everything i am reading.

Thoughts??

Wolverine
03/05/2012, 06:16 PM
Thought this would be better as its own thread.

We don't really have enough information to answer your question, such as the size of your tank, what other triggers you have, and whether the tank is a reef or not. That said I'm leaning towards "no" unless you give me information that would change my mind. I've seen clown trigger wipe out 500g tanks. Your clownfish may be in trouble already, depending on what the other triggers are.

Triton_Z
03/05/2012, 07:12 PM
Your cause for concern is warranted. I would recommend against the addition of the clown triggerfish. Maybe a tank of its own?

Big Dog
03/05/2012, 07:58 PM
FWIW ........... I have kept a Huma, Niger, and Clown with no problem. The order of introduction was Niger, Clown and Huma over a 6 month time period.

humaguy
03/06/2012, 07:28 AM
when Clowns get big they become very dangerous fish...they will kill an entire tank with ease and enjoyment when large...

friedrice2841
03/07/2012, 11:00 AM
I have a niger trigger and a pink tail trigger in my 180.
They have not displayed any aggressive behavior toward each other or my other fish.

I, too, have always wanted a clown trigger; but I know that even if I get a small one, it will be a like a crazy, high maintenance girlfriend. She will soon take over everything until she is the only focus in my life. I will stay awake at night, thinking of ways to get rid of her.

Thinking of setting up an ultra aggressive, predator tank with just triggers, eels and big angels.

Hope you choose wisely, and heed the warnings of others in this forum.