PDA

View Full Version : AI LED Light Problem

strout
03/06/2012, 07:41 AM
I have a problem with my AI LED lights, I am sure its operator error, I have played with these things for a week trying to figure out what I am doing wrong, with no luck. This is a new tank and I am not running my lights very bright at this point. I am trying to run 3 light cycles

Cycle 1 Lights on 6am 12% Royal Blue Ramp time 10min. Lunar cycle off
Cycle 2 6:30am Royal Blue up to 14% Ramp time 30min. Lunar Cycle Off

Cycle 3 This is where I am having my problem's,,, what I want to do is go to 2% Royal Blue's for the rest of the night till lights on in the morning. I have it set up this way:

Cycle 3 7:30pm 2% Royal Blue's ramp time 30 min. Lunar Cycle off

What is happening is 7:30pm rolls around, I am thinking the lights are supposed to be ramping down for 30min. till 8pm and then they should be at 2% Royal Blue's for the rest of the night, till the next light cycle at 6am the next morning. That's what I think should be happening, what is actually happening is 7:30pm rolls around and nothing happens, the lights stay in light cycle #2 What ever I am doing wrong, I can't seem to figure it out.

Donkeykong
03/06/2012, 10:26 AM
when you go to View Timer, does timer 3 show you 7:30pm ramp 30min -- -- RB active? If 7:30 rolls around and it is still showing as timer 2 running, then that tells me for some reason timer 3 is not active. Have you tried doing a factory reset and starting over, I had to do that when I had messed up a few timers and wanted to just start from scratch.

RtReef
03/06/2012, 10:32 AM
Are you basically wanting the blue look right now only?

It appears that a light setting may not be set to on or a timer is not active as DK said.

strout
03/06/2012, 10:44 AM
DK, I forgot to look at what cycle was showing when Cycle 3 was supposed to be on, I am thinking it was cycle 3 for this reason (forgot to add this in the og post, sorry, it might help or not) When cycle 3 is supposed to be on at 2% Royal Blue and isn't :( I can go into the controller on cycle 3, which is showing 2% royal blue, change the ramp time to what ever time I want, up to the max allowed and the 2%Royaal blue will stay on for that amount of time, then the Royal Blues will go back to the cycle 2 setting.

Donkeykong
03/06/2012, 02:45 PM
hmmm, can you scroll through all the timers to make sure you dont have some random one on that you didnt see? Really weird behavior. If it was me I would make sure I have the latest firmware and then do a factor reset. Since you only have a basic timer setup you wont be losing much. This way you know you are starting from a clean start. If after this you are still having problems I would contact customer support. I have heard of 2 controllers being bad, not very common but it does happen.

strout
03/06/2012, 07:02 PM
Problem solved, lights are working. The answer to the problem was that the last cycle of the day needed to have the Lunar lights in the on position. :)

overklok
03/06/2012, 07:21 PM
You need to be at 4% minimum to get the correct moon settings.